Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever come across any history as to how many K32 Vandalia guns were produced? Also, I know of 34" & 32" top singles along with 32" & 30" O/U barrels, were there any others? See how dumb stuff becomes important when you can't keep busy....... thanks, Andy

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tom, thanks. I shoot a 30" set for doubles and another with Briley tubes for SportingClays. Just had a buddy blow up his 30" set and he is looking for another and it started me thinking, how many were made and how many are left. Andy

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
From 1995 through 2005, I owned two Vandalia combos, both 34/30s, that my son and I shot in league and registered competition. Both were "parts guns" assembled by Krieghoff from leftover new receivers and barrels. His had upgraded K-80 wood but stock Model 32 triggers while mine had upgraded K-80 wood and a K-80 trigger group converted to double releases. I regret selling both guns but that's usually the case when you sell a gun or guns with which you enjoyed a lot of success.

Ed

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks Ed, wish they still made the barrels. They are lighter and have that higher rib. Andy

·
Registered
'07 Kolar Max TA 3bbl set, Jeff Mainland fitted
2,746 Posts
Is there a way to identify the gun. I have an early K-80 with 32" fixed choke IM & F flat rib K-32 barrel and a very early 34" K-32 full choked top single. Could this be one of those guns? It had Krieghoff double release triggers, now back to pull, thanks to a trip to Allem's (I still have the release parts)

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bandit, does not sound like it. The rib on the Vandalia is 1/8" to 3/16" higher than the flat ("normal" Krieghoff ) rib. Thanks for answering though and good shooting, Andy

·
Registered
224 Posts
My first "doubles gun" was a 32" Vandalia Rib O/U, parts gun. I shot the gun really well and got a couple of State doubles (class) titles in the early/mid-'90s. I searched for 2-years (pre-'net) for a 34" Vandalia rib single barrel for it, even talking to Hal a couple of times but I never located one. All the combo's I've ever looked at in person were 32"single-30"O/U's. I then found a gorgeous MX8, so the K-32 went down the road. Still regret selling the K-32, as it pointed great for me. The folks I knew with a 34" single barrel always "guarded" them, lol. They must have been a rare barrel?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Backfencer, have not heard a negative comment. Maybe they should still make that rib! thanks for the input, Andy

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
If it's only a Vandalia Rib barrel you're searching for, it may be more financially attractive to buy a complete V.R. gun and part out R/I and stock set. May be able to assist.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Jon Kruger had several 32" Vandalia barrels set up for Sporting for his K80. Lighter weight than the "pig on a shovel" K80 barrels.

·
Registered
'07 Kolar Max TA 3bbl set, Jeff Mainland fitted
2,746 Posts
Bandit, regular rib, not Vandalia. thanks, Andy
Thanks Andy. I since learned that the Vandalia K32 barrels started around SR# 7,000. It's a fun learning experience, and enjoyable to get interested in stuff like this and go along for the ride. Mine's an interesting gun, nonetheless since it was put together as a doubles gun for a local league that dried up after 3 years and became a closet queen, never to see the light of day for 30yrs. When I took it to Allem's to get the Krieghoff double release triggers set back to pull, Johnny told me it looked like a new gun.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have a couple "Logo" receivers too. The one I shoot with the Vandalia barrels is from 1989 (barrels from the 70's) and then I have a 2018 Logo Shadow, kinda like "bookends". Anyway you have a great looking gun and am glad you enjoy it. I too love learning about their history, with any luck we will learn more on these. Andy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts