Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

How many Krieghoff K-80 purchasers have been disappointed and wished they had bought something else ?

Realize that sometimes financial conditions change and someone has to trade-in their expensive gun on a less expensive gun.

But barring that sort of thing...

How many have been truly disappointed in their K-80 purchase ?

·
Vendor
20,112 Posts
The bbl cap exaggerates my crossfire on a regular K80. It seems that it blurs the lower portion of my vision and my non bbl eye takes over. Always made the releases goofy. My first one got me out of shooting (hence MIA) and the second reaffirmed the original problem. It may be different for all others, but that was disappointing. I was going to try yet one more this year and bought releases and stocks for one. Wood and triggers are two keys to getting a gun to shoot correctly for you. I have those for sale if anyone wants a set of Allems and a nice wood set. PM me

Jack

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
My problems with my K80 mirror kgun_shooters. After spending almost 900 dollars on Ottsville's trigger work in a 5 month period trying to keep them working I ending up sending the gun to Ernest Marlette in NC who fixed it right but by then I wanted it GONE and Traded it off on a Ljutic. I'll probably never buy another K80.

--- Chip King ---

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
My problems with my K80 mirror kgun_shooters. After spending almost 900 dollars on Ottsville's trigger work in a 5 month period trying to keep them working I ending up sending the gun to Ernest Marlette in NC who fixed it right but by then I wanted it GONE and Traded it off on a Ljutic. I'll probably never buy another K80.

--- Chip King ---

·
Registered
537 Posts
oleolliedawg,

The first time it happened the trigger actually started to get tighter until the trigger pull was about 8 #'s, then it broke. I sent it back to Krieghoff and they fixed it. About 2 months later the trigger started to pull through, if I touched it it would just go off. It still does that now and then, there is a hell of a lot of creep in it also. I talked to Krieghoff and they said to send it back. That's all good but it's crap having to keep sending it back paying the shipping and insurance on it. I really noticed that my scores have suffered since switching to this gun. I'm frustrated with the gun completely. But if I trade, I'll just take a beating and it's hard to sell anything right now. So I guess I'm stuck with it for a while! Unless there is somebody else that can actually fix the dam thing.

·
Registered
537 Posts
oleolliedawg,

The first time it happened the trigger actually started to get tighter until the trigger pull was about 8 #'s, then it broke. I sent it back to Krieghoff and they fixed it. About 2 months later the trigger started to pull through, if I touched it it would just go off. It still does that now and then, there is a hell of a lot of creep in it also. I talked to Krieghoff and they said to send it back. That's all good but it's crap having to keep sending it back paying the shipping and insurance on it. I really noticed that my scores have suffered since switching to this gun. I'm frustrated with the gun completely. But if I trade, I'll just take a beating and it's hard to sell anything right now. So I guess I'm stuck with it for a while! Unless there is somebody else that can actually fix the dam thing.

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
I think that there will be some people for whom any particular gun won't be comfortable. And like all things mechanical, some will experience problems.

The comments about the Trap Special's recoil being high surprise me. I did a gun review on one of the first ones sold, a 34/32 Super Scroll grade unsingle combo, and thought it might have been the softest-shooting trap gun I ever shot, even with that horrible Pachmayr "tractor-tread" pad that irritates the skin on my shoulder when shooting in a t-shirt and pokes me in the chest with its pronounced toe. That just demonstrates how important gun fit is to shooting comfort.

Box

Although I no longer do, I owned nine Krieghoffs over the years and really can't complain about any of them.

And K-gun shooter, I'm sure Allem's Guncraft can get your K-80 working great for you.

Ed

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
I think that there will be some people for whom any particular gun won't be comfortable. And like all things mechanical, some will experience problems.

The comments about the Trap Special's recoil being high surprise me. I did a gun review on one of the first ones sold, a 34/32 Super Scroll grade unsingle combo, and thought it might have been the softest-shooting trap gun I ever shot, even with that horrible Pachmayr "tractor-tread" pad that irritates the skin on my shoulder when shooting in a t-shirt and pokes me in the chest with its pronounced toe. That just demonstrates how important gun fit is to shooting comfort.

Box

Although I no longer do, I owned nine Krieghoffs over the years and really can't complain about any of them.

And K-gun shooter, I'm sure Allem's Guncraft can get your K-80 working great for you.

Ed

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.