Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Belt buckles seem to be a popular trophy, however, you can only wear one at a time so they just accumulate. So, how many have you won and of those, how many do you ever wear? Do you display them or keep them in a drawer or you safe?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Two. One was a gold coin HOA-Handicap buckle and I think it was stolen at the California state shoot a few years ago (no, not right off my waist you wise guys!).

·
Registered
965 Posts
Only one,,,,and I wear it when ever I go shooting,,,,,espicaly at a new club,,,its only an singles open class D,,,but it was my first NY State shoot

·
Registered
303 Posts
None :<(.........they didn't start giving them away for winning our Clubs handicap championship until the Club President and a "special needs" (aka LWL) shooter won. These two also affectionately refer to themselves as "us champions". If a good guy like Tom Sletta hadn't won the first one in '04, I would have been convinced that it was a remake of "the conspiracy theory"!!!

Sad Dan

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
None - I have determined it is less expensive to buy them than to invest in the guns, ammo, lessons, practice, travel, and match fees to win one.

Still, I have ignored this common sense and continue to shoot trap.

Maybe one day the finger of God will anoint my head and I will be successful. For it is only by Divine Intervention that I will win such a prize.

Don

·
Registered
781 Posts
14 but the one I really like the best I only wear on very special occasions, as it has a 20 dollar gold piece in it donated by Eclipse targets back in the early 70's for high over all. FD

·
Registered
401 Posts
NOT TO BRAG......

16 to date,,P.I.T.A. BUCKLES,,,and the 1 I wear all the time is the NOT&S LABORDAY CLASSIC in Vernon BC 2004 HOA buckle as big as a pie plate...the rest are on 2 belts that I punched a hole in every 6" to hold each buckle and hangs on the wall.

The buckle I won at the 2005 Hawaii State shoot in Hilo, for B Doubles Champion is another favorite, and a challenge to ALL, I am confirmed to be at the 2008 Hawaii, P.I.T.A. State Championships at the Big Island Trap Club in Hilo along with 8 other shooter's from Vancouver Island and would love to "meet and beat" EVERY ONE OF YOU...

Thanks for looking....

Reg. T., East Sooke BC

·
Registered
313 Posts
The best display I have seen is Terry Brogdon's.

He has all his Sterling ATA and Texas State Buckles
displayed on wide leather straps he had a saddle maker make.

He has two of the straps about 4 ft. long with the silver buckles about an inch apart that hang from one end, very impressive!

Never counted them but there are a bunch, he has many others in display cases.

Pretty good for a pot bellied, bald headed old fart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

unc

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have some. The one I wear the most is my "North American Handicap Championship" with the $20 Gold pc. from Las Vegas. I relive the moment every time I see it in corner of the office..with subdued indirect lighting, and the soft music in the background.("We are the Champions")

At the club someone usually ask me, "who did you have shooting for you that day McGee, I've seen you shoot and I know that wasn't you!" I think it was Ol Tex that said that, and as time passes.....he may be right.

Golden moments frozen in time, and great friends. We are all blessed in this great sport of ours. Shoot with passion.....David McGee

·
Banned
2,372 Posts
About ten or 12. I wear some and some just sit in a draw. The one I am most proud of was the 2004 California State event Runner Up AA [224 straight]. I can't see it -- my stomach gets in the way. But I know its there or my pants would fall down. Fred

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.