Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all,

was wondering how long an O/U receiver (blaser or krieghoff) lasts. i shoot about 15,000 shells per year.

thanks.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
When compared to O/Us, the life of a semi-auto is quite short. But then, all things are relative. My first Browning Gold receiver cracked at ~200K rounds. Interestingly, it's replacement failed at ~80K. Each cracked in a different place. Working on my 3rd (and fourth, one is tuned for bunker, the other "general use").

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
Sounds like the heat treatment of the metal in Browning receivers leaves
a little bit to be desired. HMB

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Tom Buxman's Alfermann has over a million REGISTERED rounds through it. He is not sure how many games and practice rounds have gone out the end of the barrel, but he figgures quite a few. Still reasonably tight and ready for more shooting. (and Tom is not a maintenance person)
There are other brands that hold up very well. Your mileage may vary....merlyn

·
Registered
10,213 Posts
Kind of like asking----How many licks does it take, to get to the center of a Tootie Pop??? Lets find out!!! One---Two---three---crunch!!!------------------------------------Long Pause----------------------- Well you get the idea!!! Its not something you really need to worry about. break em all Jeff

·
Banned
899 Posts
Owned my Model 32 since 1969 and this year is the first time it needed anything other than an annual service(which was never done annually).

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
wood will crack before some receivers will crack...........

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Depends on a lot of things I imagine. Are You using factory New Shells? Or are You using Your Reloads? Are they 1 1/8 oz, 1 oz, 7/8 oz, 3/4 oz shell? Here comes winter. LOL

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Very unusual to wear out or break a quality OU receiver with any standard trap load. I've seen one or two and they were welded and continued on.

:shooter1:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts