Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of curiosity how long did it take you to start shooting perfect rounds? I’ve been at it a year and just finally hit 97/100.
When did you hit a perfect score?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
8,662 Posts
Are you referring to a practice score or a tournament score?

I took me about 4-5 years to have a 100 in a tournament and it was in doubles first and shortly after I registered a 100 in singles.

Practice is a different story, did it much earlier but it did not mean much to me other than reaching a point in developing my shooting technique and mental focus.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you referring to a practice score or a tournament score?

I took me about 4-5 years to have a 100 in a tournament and it was in doubles first and shortly after I registered a 100 in singles.

Practice is a different story, did it much earlier but it did not mean much to me other than reaching a point in developing my shooting technique and mental focus.
Talking about tournament scores

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
906 Posts
I started trapshooting at the age of 63 in March 2013. I managed a 50 and 75 in 2016. I got my first 100 straight this past February. So seven years to reach that 100 straight and the key was that I finally started believing I could do it.
Denny K.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
i started shooting trap in November of 2015 for fun, in june of 2016 i joined the ATA and shot a couple hundred registered targets my first year, in 2017 and 2018 i shot 99 about 6 times before i shot my first 100 straight in 2018

·
Registered
22,876 Posts
I know of an All American that shot 100 straight on his very first ATA shoot.
Troy Arnold broke his first hundred and 99 on the second hundred of the 200 target event. Hasn’t shot ATA since.

Reactions: CotyDaveed

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Coty- sounds like you are progressing well. Keep up the progress!

I am still in search of the perfect 100 in competition. Hopefully George will still have ts.com hundred straight caps when it happens.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Started shooting registered targets regularly this year in June. Bought my Blaser later that month. Shot my first 100 in practice on July 22. Shot my first 100 in regulation this past Sunday. Actually shot 120 straight since I was in a shoot off and it took 20 rounds for the other guy to drop one, I hit mine and we were done. For what it’s worth, my first 100 was with wimpy 1oz reloads and a full choke.

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
I have shot with guys that have been shooting for years, solid shooters that never have broke 100, if it happens it happens enjoy the moment, enjoy the sport.
I know guys that have shot trap for years and have never hit 100 straight. Then there are the guys that after they shot a 100 straight decided they needed a real trap gun and haven't been back to a 100 straight since.
My first 100 straight I tied for class with a junior shooter in her first year of shooting. My second was two years later.

When it comes to shooting everyone has, the has to be, the will be, the rules of..........
In shooting the scores come when they come. Effected by skills, abilities and attitude. Pushing for perfection torpedoes most shooters. Counting targets is said to be the worst thing you can do. AND you WILL shoot a bunch of 99s before you ever shoot a hundred straight. In my case two 100 straights and finally shot my 99.

So shoot having fun, have fun shooting, because without having fun why shoot at all! Otherwise it is just a grind for no purpose!

Al

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
It took me close to 20000 registered birds before I was able to shoot a registered 100. I felt I was about on track as my average had climbed up to that point. I have yet to do this in handicaps, 99 is my highest twice. I don't shoot doubles very often.
From my understanding
100 straight in registered birds are only achieved by about 4 percent or so I have been told.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I was hoping to see a reply in Dollars , not one 100 straight was accomplished with fewer dollars , than WHO ?
I know it wasn't me ! hahaa

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I know of an All American that shot 100 straight on his very first ATA shoot.
A friend went to his first PITA shoot many years ago, and shot 100 straight in singles, first event of the day. He is an old bird hunter and shoots gun down, so chipped and chunked his way to 100. When he walked off the last trap, one of the "experts" approached him and said "You know you'll shoot a lot better if you mount your gun before you call for the bird."

·
5,388 Posts
Shooooot... been shooting 35 years and still haven't hit 100 straight... I can at least keep shooting my age for another decade or two...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts