Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deer are not "running" well in central Maryland right now.How is it in your area ?

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Rut should be in Full swing here NW Ohio, but just haven't seen the activity, this morning tho we saw a nice racked possible 140 -150 class chasing a doe. we were working , bows were in the other trucks.
DaveB

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
One nice 8 point buck followed by 11 doe.Some times we see 5 or 6 bucks and at least a dozen doe. They love our apples and we can almost hand feed them...

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Been real warm here. Opener was November 5 and it hit 71 degrees in the afternoon. Bucks were actively chasing does in my zone. Saw two rack bucks and shot a ten pointer at 12:10 Saturday. Temperature is starting to come down now. Looking at freezing temps this weekend up north. My season is done so I am now a bystander.

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
I feel like I am Bow hunting in Texas. Never have worn just a long sleeve t-shirt and pants hunting in November before, and still was to warm. Crazy.

Bucks were running real good 3rd through the 7th. Two big ones shot by neighbors, and one huge one totaled a little Toyota. Then it stopped. Now not even a doe on the cameras. I did see two doe in the cut bean field tonight next to the house. First deer I seen in the daylight since the previous Friday evening. Also, really different this year as hardly any scrapes or rubs. There was some real light scrape activity around the third week of October, but nothing since, and is done now.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Central Illinois seems to be going good right now. A lot of deer are on the move 1st season shotgun coming up this weekend

·
Vendor
2,098 Posts
We have a guy here in Texas that is such a good deer hunter, I call him the Assassin. Most of you guys know him as Speedbump Stockworks.

I heard a tale last week that ol' Speedbump was out walking around, a pretty nice buck came out from the brush, realized he had just crossed paths with the Assassin and the next thing you know he fell dead just from seeing the legendary deerslayer..............

I'm pretty sure the story is true, maybe we will get a pic.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Saw 4 as I started hunting quail last Saturday. One nice buck and 3 doe. In this particular area I always seem to get very close, 40-50 yards before they spook. I see them every Nov. Lots of deer hunters around as we hunt quail.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
IMG_1673.jpeg

A picture, you say? Here he is! Scored 175 3/8 and field dressed at 180 lbs.

Mrs. Ruck here…… Ken also shot a very nice bobcat that was stalking a little fawn (he will be a full body mount) AND THEN "hold my beer, watch this…" he shot a coyote that came out to sniff the bobcat! Triple play! Rackley - it's all about the gun (Proof Research 6.5 Creedmoor), ya know?? Point, shoot, something dies.

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Northern Indiana bow season was terrible. Way too warm and I didn't see many deer at all. Our gun season started on Saturday and I did shoot a decent 8-point. I'm starting to see more. Deer hunting is not what it used to be in our neck of the woods. Disease and over killing has taken its toll.
George

·
Registered
215 Posts
private land rifle starts here tomorrow morning wednesday the 16th, old saybrook CT. seen couple hit on road but nothing when traveling around so far.

·
Banned
144 Posts
Hey Upper... Those damn big ones always seem know when to live by night and sleep by day... Bastards! I have a picture on 10/28 of a real cruncher. Setting a scrape and pissing in it. Never to be seen again by me or the five cameras.. Damit

1 - 20 of 83 Posts