Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at getting a 3200 as a backup and loaner gun. I've never fired one, usually shoot K gun or Blaser, I'm trying to get an idea of how the trigger compares....how crisp, pull weight, etc. I realize different guns may be different, just trying to get a general idea. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,281 Posts
I shot my 3200 for 30+ years before purchasing my K80TS combo. The K80 trigger is "different" but as for the lock-time, I could not tell any difference. At the time (1973 - OMG!! - intro) the 3200 trigger was the fastest lock time in existence. I doubt many others are quicker. Most, today, are plenty fast and in the same 'area' of speed. You needn't worry that the 3200 trigger is 'slow' like a field shotgun.

Scott Hanes

·
Supporting Vendor
10,249 Posts
The 3200’s that I’ve owned were all very good and the trigger was never an issue. I’d rank it better than a K32, but not nearly as good as a K80.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
The triggers were the high point of those guns, unfortunately before the updates. Considered one of the better triggers even in todays standards, let alone back in the time. Some of the wood that came on them were also real nice for standard.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I have had 4 or 5 Remington 3200 trap and skeet guns over the years. Still have 3 and shoot two at skeet, great guns with great triggers. Today it's the best gun you can get for little money and if you need one fixed go to Pat Laibs, he has all the parts you will need.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
anyone got a list of the discontinued obsolete parts to a 3200?

fyi, ive owned quite a few 3200's. about 15 at one time when I peeked.
everything from 4 bbls sets to: live bird, 1 of 1000's, 1 of 500's, 1 of 100's, 1 of 8's and 1 of 4's.
superb guns.
issues? sure. if guns didn't have issues, the worlds makers of guns wouldn't have parts depts.

I shoot a 3200 better than k guns. they just fit me better. I like beefy.

·
Registered
14,144 Posts
anyone got a list of the discontinued obsolete parts to a 3200?
Given that there is zero factory support from Remington for the 3200, they are all discontinued and obsolete. As for what has ran out and is no longer being fabricated you'd have to ask Laibs directly.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Plenty of parts on EBay.

Laibs has a flyer with an exploded view of parts.

I just got one back from them , that had the breach face insert done and the forearm upgrade.
And is was not cocking when you opened it . They fixed that and addresed some other things too.

Shot is fairly well last weekend.
Did have two AAs FTF. Had good prime strikes but didn't go off.
Shot 100 more and no problems.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
Im not panicking. there will be 3200 parts around for years to come.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
competition wood sets came with a factory pad. skeet and field guns had plates. trap guns had factory pads too.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts