Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yes, a point furthest from the trap house that you manage to shoot competitive scores in your class. If you start on the 20 yard line and break 95/100 or win your class you will move back a yard and so on until you can no longer win. I hope this answers your question.

·
Super Moderator
5,238 Posts
It is possible to move back with scores of less than 96. This happens when shoots are of sufficient size that the Earned Yardage Table (Section VI, D) will come in to play.

If penalty yardage is assigned due to not meeting target requirements, that needs to be mentioned in the program. In other words, a handicapper cannot arbitrarily assign penalty yardage; it needs to be stated in the program (Section VI, E).

·
Super Moderator
5,238 Posts
JW,

A CHC member can increase a shooters yardage, that's in accordance with the rule book. But a non-CHC handicapper can't arbitrarily do that.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Yes that's exactly what I called to your attention? Your statement was "A handicapper cannot arbitrarily assign penalty yardage; it needs to be stated in the program."

The Section I named specifically spells it out. In addition to a CHC member, a voting member of the EC also has this authority per Section VI F,3,C which follows.

3. A shooter’s handicap yardage may be increased at any time during
the year including immediately before and during the Grand American
World Trapshooting Championships:
a. because of earned yardage, or
b. as a result of a review, or
c. at the discretion of a member of the Central Handicap Committee
or voting member of the Executive Committee.

·
Registered
960 Posts
"you will move back a yard and so on until you can no longer win"

Now that is funny. True and somewhat depressing but funny.

Think of it as being promoted to your own personal level of incompetence.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.