Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just throw mine in a drawer and if I'm looking for a particular size it seems the one I
need is the last one I pick up.
Help me simplify and organize.
Thanks for any ideas.

·
What squad am I on?
Lots of different guns...
7,766 Posts

Thread organizer...about $10-15 most places. Larger and smaller ones too...or a board with some nails.

Use something like this and mark the bushing on the lid, back of slot, bottom etc...Most Walmart's have them for less than $5.00

Reactions: aaseitz27

·
Premium Member
12,276 Posts
A couple of the big plastic trays - like above...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going to Sportsmans Warehouse this morning and there is a Hobby Lobby next door.
I like the thread organizer idea and would like to see one.
Hobby Lobby might have them.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
I'm going to Sportsmans Warehouse this morning and there is a Hobby Lobby next door.
I like the thread organizer idea and would like to see one.
Hobby Lobby might have them.
Walmart has those thread spool holders for $9. I wish I would have known they were that cheap before I went and made mine.

Simple and easy to make. Obviously I didn't spend any time refining mine or making it pretty.
image.jpeg

·
Registered
6,057 Posts
I did it much like Speedy but across the front edge of a shelf.

RCBS also sells a rack for their shell holder that I'l bet would work for bushings, too.

Ed

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
I would recommend putting them in a paper bag several steps from your reloader so that they cannot confuse your loader. Be careful, some may be upside down or sideways. I would recommend color coding all fifty or sixty, committing the color and bushing numbers to memory. Unfortunately, I was unable to do this, therefore, I got a bushing board by MEC. Taupe, mauve, pastel, and others woman colors can be confusing, however.

·
Registered
30,398 Posts
After I discovered my top secret super dooper magic load using Federal shells, wads and Titewad powder in my Grand, I tack welded everything down and tossed the other bushings in the organizer with all my MEC bushings. Both my MECs have Universal Charge Bars.

·
Registered
742 Posts
In one of the shallow drawers of a metal tool chest that has been repurposed for reloading. I engrave the size/number in the top for easier identification.

I really liked the pegs on the powder shelf.

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
A board (scrap of 1X4) with a bunch of 7\8" holes drilled about 1\2" deep, and 6 or 7 one inch holes for the shot bushings. Not fancy but works for me, price was\is right FREE. Ross Puls

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
After I discovered my top secret super dooper magic load using Federal shells, wads and Titewad powder in my Grand, I tack welded everything down and tossed the other bushings in the organizer with all my MEC bushings. Both my MECs have Universal Charge Bars.
Rick,
I reviewed your scores, you may want to find a new top secret favorite load. LOL :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks to all for the great ideas.

I would recommend putting them in a paper bag several steps from your reloader so that they cannot confuse your loader. Be careful, some may be upside down or sideways. I would recommend color coding all fifty or sixty, committing the color and bushing numbers to memory. Unfortunately, I was unable to do this, therefore, I got a bushing board by MEC. Taupe, mauve, pastel, and others woman colors can be con
fusing, however.
Charlie,
Your paper bag notion is comparable to mine rattling in a drawer.
Great minds, I guess.
See you at Blue Grass.
Sam

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
A bass lure tackle box with lids on both sides. That box is packed with P/W bushings. I use an old small tool box for the Mec bushings.

·
Registered
30,398 Posts
grntitan,

I think you are right. I have felt for a long time I should shoot my reloads for registered shooting instead of new factory shells.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
grntitan,

I think you are right. I have felt for a long time I should shoot my reloads for registered shooting instead of new factory shells.
I was just bust'n your balls Rick. I didn't look up your scores. God knows by my scores and averages, I have no room to talk. LOL

1 - 20 of 58 Posts