Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please answer how you maintain your K80, im particularly interested in the trigger mechanism.

Do you send the gun to a gunsmith? Or do you clean it yourself?

Skickat från min D6603 via Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,379 Posts
Not much maintenance is needed. When I swapped the stocks, I took a good hard look at the mechanics of the k-80. I wanted no part of that. I schedule an annual service with Krieghoff while they have their gunsmiths at the Grand. Krieghoff recommends the annual service be performed every 20,000 to 30,000 rounds or 2 to 3 years.

Per Krieghoff International.

Annual Service
During your Annual Service, our highly-skilled gunsmiths will completely disassemble your firearm, replace firing pins and springs, inspect for repair, clean and lubricate, and adjust to factory specifications. This service includes checking the gun for headspace, overcock, proper tolerances of sears, ejectors and hammers and complete disassembly and replacement of springs as needed throughout the receiver and forend iron. All parts are inspected for wear and minor trigger and timing adjustments are made if needed. The gun is cleaned and lubed. The barrel is tightened to the actions when possible. Replacement of broken or badly worn parts is available, at additional cost. The K-80 Annual Service is $295.00 (1 or 2 Barrels); The K-32 Annual Service is $375.00 ( 1 or 2 Barrels); The KX-5 & KX-6 Annual Service is $175.00 and The KS-5 Annual Service is $195.00. Annual services require the entire gun be sent in to ensure complete and guaranteed service. Annual service prices slightly higher for 3 or more barrel sets.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Between annuals at Krieghoff. Take off the stock, swipe a bread loaf pan from your wife, put the receiver in it and cover with your preferred cleaning solvent.
A couple of times a day, lift the recvr out of the fluid, and drain the black **** out of it. Continue this until the black stuff is out. Spray lightly with oil, sparingly grease the little knob on the barrel selector and put back together, shoot and enjoy. Deny knowing anything about where that loaf pan went.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts

·
Banned
890 Posts
I have too much invested in my K80 so I let it up to the professionals.

·
Lifes too short not to shoot a K-80...
561 Posts
I bring it to Chris Maest up in Nj. AKA Clay target sports. Todd is his main gunsmith and does his magic. He installed my double releases. Awesome trigger job. Have had it serviced at 25000 shells about 5 years. Never had an issue with the trigger...never.

·
Registered
197 Posts
K80 trigger problem last week drove to Marlette in Winston Salem on Tue 3 hours later back in action shot 5 events at the shoot gun was fine Thank You Earnest.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts