Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about buying a new Kolar T/S. I'm looking for opinions from some shooters who have shot one. Also thinking about the #4 stock. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks, Dale

·
Registered
530 Posts
Have a trap combo and love it. Any particular concerns?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm thinking about buying a new Kolar T/S. I'm looking for opinions from some shooters who have shot one. Also thinking about the #4 stock. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks, Dale
Have a great used one with number 4 stock 3 tubes 34 inch barrell not ported great wood 14/58 lop call me if interested 614 394 3245

·
Registered
119 Posts
I bought one this spring and I'm quite pleased with it.
Before you commit to a #4 stock you might want to try the others, especially shoot a #2.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, that's what I'm concerned about. A good friend of mine has a K-80 with a stock that has very similar dimensions to the #4 Kolar stock and I've mounted his gun and it fits me great.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have had my TS for about 4 mos. It is a 740 bore and a #2 stock. I sent it to Kolar shortly after buying the gun and had the highest rib and B hangar installed. I really like the gun and would recommend to anyone wanting a single barrel. I also have a TA Max which I now only shoot for doubles. Not sure what "Wexy" is referring to above as the TS does not come as a combo.

In the Members for Sale there is a great buy on a TS with a soft touch stock.

·
Banned
940 Posts
I have had mine about 4 years and really like it. They are built like a tank. A couple of years ago I had Kolar put on the higher rib and the "A" hanger. I never used to shoot a high point of impact set up , but must of grew into it. The extra weight also makes for less recoil and smoother swings.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I was simply saying a I have a Kolar combo. A TC to be precise. Geez...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Can people elaborate on the a vs b hangers? I too have been looking at a TS but want one similar to my 90t hi rib. Kolar leaned me towards a #2 over the 4..and mentioned I would want what they called the high rib..which is the middle rib if I am not mistaken. They mentioned that the hangers have changed from what early ts guns had as most people couldn't get them to shoot hi enough for them..so now they come with whatever hanger seemed to fit most people..just can't remember which one.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have the high rib and "B" hanger and it's set to shoot about 10"- 12" high.
Rib height at the muzzle for the standard rib is 0.76" and the high rib is 0.62".
There is an overlap in range of rib height off the barrel between the "A" and "B" hangers.
Adjustment range for the "A" hanger is: 0.63" to 0.80"
Adjustment range for the "B" hanger is: 0.72" to 0.89"

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It seems like finding the right fit between stock dimensions, ribs and hangers is very confusing...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Cody at Kolar advised that if I wanted the highest POI rib I would need to change to a B hanger. Can't help with your stock dimension issue, however, Kolar website shows the specs for all their stocks. Don't hesitate to call Kolar with your questions, they are great to deal with.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thats my plan Bill...Gonna give them a call next week to get some info from them...

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have a TS with both "A", and "B" hangers. I also have the high rib (middle). I tend to use the "B" hanger with the High Rib, and
it shoots about 70/30% in the middle of the adjustments. Hangers are about $70, so it might be worth getting the hanger the gun
doesn't come with. The gun shoots very well, very little recoil, if any, and dead reliable. The only down side, is it's heavy. Mine weighs
10 lbs. 8 oz. with a #4 stock.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Dale,

I have Kolar T/S that I purchased new in 2012 with the #3 stock. I also have the low and high ribs for it and the A and B hangers, M, IM, LF and F chokes. Its a .740 bore. I like the way the gun mounts up and the way it shoots if I stick with it. Kolar's customer service is great as well. I feel like the B hanger and high rib gave me the best sight picture, best scores and most comfort when shooting the gun. So I guess I'm in the same boat as Bill Ruhlman and rossi 69. However, I was never very consistent with it. It wasn't the gun's fault, my problem is I always seem to go back to my Stainless Ljutic. They two very different guns, but I started out with an old Ljutic, and since I don't shoot a lot, the Ljutic just comes back more natural and more consistent. If I sold the Ljutic and shot the Kolar regularly, it would solve my problem.

If you think you would have any interest in a Kolar with a #3 stock with upgraded wood (appears to be Claro walnut), I could make you a fair price on it. Or, in the alternative, I could make you a deal on a stainless Ljutic mono gun with 70/30 California rib and beautiful American walnut wood. That would solve my gun alternating issue, as well. My point is, I would keep the Kolar if I sold the Ljutic and didn't have it to fall back on, that they are both good guns, and I don't think you would be disappointed with the Kolar.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I bought a used K/S right here on TS.com. Very nice. Heavy. Actually feels back heavy. But I don't feel it when swinging. Very comfortable gun. POI adjustments were easy and the gun responded with each move. I patterned the chokes and very consistent. I shoot 25 yard with the full and hits hard. Customer service has been great. I needed a release built. Good turnaround time and a nice trigger. 8 months into it and I'm very happy with my Kolar. Dave T.

·
Sky Buster
4,167 Posts
I bought a used K/S right here on TS.com. Very nice. Heavy. Actually feels back heavy. But I don't feel it when swinging. Very comfortable gun. POI adjustments were easy and the gun responded with each move. I patterned the chokes and very consistent. I shoot 25 yard with the full and hits hard. Customer service has been great. I needed a release built. Good turnaround time and a nice trigger. 8 months into it and I'm very happy with my Kolar. Dave T.
Only down side is the weight. Heavy....

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I have a TS with both "A", and "B" hangers. I also have the high rib (middle). I tend to use the "B" hanger with the High Rib, and
it shoots about 70/30% in the middle of the adjustments. Hangers are about $70, so it might be worth getting the hanger the gun
doesn't come with. The gun shoots very well, very little recoil, if any, and dead reliable. The only down side, is it's heavy. Mine weighs
10 lbs. 8 oz. with a #4 stock.
My T/S weighs 9 lb 13 0z only about 5 oz more than my Perazzi mx9. It has a Jones plate on it. 750 bore mid rib A hanger TYPE 4 STOCK. Kolar took some extra wood out of the stock and forearm for me. Took me a while to get it set up for me to shoot well,release trigger,pitch..length of pull etc
I think it wil be a keeper..mimimum recoil.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts