Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Vendor
1,413 Posts
The 'Peter Principle' i.e. rising to your level of incompetence can be compared to handicap yardage. Putting aside any anatomical jokes. (yeah right) What is a clue you have reached your level of incompetence?
I can’t figure out if this question refers to getting stuck on a yardage during ascension phase or where you ultimately bottom out on your fall.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
I dunno when I was a lot younger I stayed on the 27 for 10 years running and then they increased the reduction trigger point to 90 and I got a reduction. In later years I struggled with vision problems and finally got cataract surgery in both eyes. The floaters are still bothering me and after 60 years of shooting with both eyes open I am now using a tape patch on my left eye lens to prevent occasional cross-firing. My advice is to Don't get old.

·
Premium Member
5,767 Posts
Easy answer. You advance to a yardage where your handicap average goes in the toilet and after a period of time with no improvement, your attitude toward shooting handicap goes in the toilet. Then you start taking reductions to where you start to get comfortable again and your averages start to improve. Then you do it all over again and again. :confused:

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I thought they did away with the 18 yard line last season?

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
You are "competent" when your hcp average is 6-7 points lower than your 16 average. If the gap is greater than that you have room to improve your caps. If the gap is just 6 points, your caps average is not likely to improve until your singles game improves.

·
Registered
188 Posts
You are "competent" when your hcp average is 6-7 points lower than your 16 average. If the gap is greater than that you have room to improve your caps. If the gap is just 6 points, your caps average is not likely to improve until your singles game improves.
that’s an interesting theory/correlation between averages. Seems some of the top shooters can get their handicap average within a few points of their singles average.

closest I’ve been is just over 5 points difference from singles to handicap, that is with very little room to improve singles 99% average that year.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts