Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you guys feel about a poster, posting a gun in the for sale section with one price and them posting the exact same gun on another site for a different price? I don't know why I have an ethical conundrum with this. Thoughts?

·
Registered
29,304 Posts
Why?

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
His gun, he can list it for whatever price suits him.
Only 2 people have to agree on pricing, buyer and seller, rest of world opinion is worthless.
Now if it were me I probably would have it listed same at both sites.

·
Administrator
8,283 Posts
I guess it depends, if you are looking at the item and want to purchase then offer them the price where it is listed for less money. I guess too depending on how much more money is involved? Is it a small amount that maybey would cover the cost of doing a sale on another site?
Ethics???? it is their firearm and they can basically ask what ever they want for it. A ethics issue maybey would come into play if the knowingly misrepresent the item they are selling ect.

I have worked in the repair-retail and rental of musical instruments and audio equipment for 35 years, I once had a young man in looking at guitars in my shop and he told me that my price that I was asking was unethical.....so I asked him why and he told me that he found it online for 5 % less. So I explained that he was in a showroom where he can see the instrument-touch it--play them and compare them to other models. So my showroom costs me money to stock and maintain so there is a choice, you can look at pictures online or you can see it--touch it--hear it ect. but unfortunately that costs me alittle more to do so why is that unethical???Needless to say the young man did not have a answer because he could not separate unethical (somebody was knowingly misrepresenting the product ect.) to my cost of having a large selection of instruments in stock and maintained properly for the customer to try befor they buy costs me more money than simply having them stored in a cardboard shipping box in a warehouse.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Sometimes I list a gun on gunbroker for more. Then I might list it here for less cause I know a lot of guys on here and feel I'd give them a better deal then someone I don't know. I don't like when someone says they have a gun for sale and go look at that site to buy it!!
Chris

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I was asking was unethical.....so I asked him why and he told me that he found it online for 5 % less.
George,
Only 5% over internet price in a brick and mortar store?

This dip$hit kid needs to look up the definition of unethical.

It will not include you.

As far as the gun, the guy selling it can sell it( or ask for it) for whatever he wants.

He should just make sure the TS.COM price is the lower one.

·
Registered
12,479 Posts
Sometimes I list a gun on gunbroker for more. Then I might list it here for less cause I know a lot of guys on here and feel I'd give them a better deal then someone I don't know. I don't like when someone says they have a gun for sale and go look at that site to buy it!!
Chris
In addition on gunbroker.com you pay a fee for selling here you don't.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts