Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always been confused on how shoot offs are determined when special categories are involved. Lets say there are 10 people that have a score of 200 out of 200. 2 of the shooters have no special classification, 4 shooters are juniors, 2 shooters are vets and 2 shooters are ladies. What is the order of trophy's to shoot off for? I have no special classification but am wondering what the ranking order is. I've been confused by some of the some shoot offs where there are multiple scores of 200 but only a few shoot for the championship or overall high gun.
Thanks for the feedback

·
Super Moderator
5,403 Posts
Where ATA-provided trophies are involved, everybody, regardless of whether they have declared a category or not, can win or shoot off/carry over, if tied, for event champion.

If the category shooter fails in their attempt to win event champion they fall back to their category trophies.

The Rule Book is quite clear on this.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your answers. I am fairly new to the ATA and do not have a rule book. I'll get one and become more familiar with the rules. Thanks again

·
Registered
23,386 Posts
Thank you for that link V10, I have always wanted to read the rulebook. :beerchug:
The changes to the rules are often more interesting than the rules. One wonders what prompted the change. For instance;

Section II – INFORMATION FOR SHOOTERS

C. Rules Of Conduct for An ATA Shooter

4. The Average Card is intended to provide classification personnel at registered shoots with current

data on a member’s shooting ability. Shooters not having their Average Cards up to date may be put

in a higher class or otherwise penalized. Failure to accurately record scores, or the The falsification of

scores can may lead to disciplinary action including suspension from the ATA.

Section IV – ATA TOURNAMENTS

F. Recording Scores, Wins, and Ties

data on a member’s shooting ability. Shooters not having their Average Cards up to date may be put

in a higher class or otherwise penalized. Failure to accurately record scores, or the The falsification of

scores can may lead to disciplinary action including suspension from the ATA.

Section IV – ATA TOURNAMENTS

F. Recording Scores, Wins, and Ties

All 16 yard, Handicap and Doubles scores are required to be accurately and legibly entered on each

member’s Average Card or on a downloaded Average Card in the spaces provided at the completion of

each registered and/or tournament event. If an Average Card is not presented at the time of

Classification, digital records from the ATA (website or download) are to be used to determine

classification or known ability whichever is higher. This is done at the discretion of the Classifier.

The strikethroughs and red text failed to transfer properly but ...

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
I use the online Average Card printout and it is very obvious that the ATA database does not have Class or Win/Tie information.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts