Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any stats how difficult trapshooting is to master compared to other games? Wonder what the real average is for ALL 16 yard shooters in the ATA is?

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
No one has ever mastered it. We all miss. Even the best.

You will be happier if you set realistic but challenging goals for yourself and work to attain them.

I think the average is around 90 for all ATA shooters but Neil knows. PM him for the data.

Don Verna

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
I shoot year round and my scores in the winter and on windy, blustery days are lower than my scores on bright sunny days with no wind.

That said, I shot 2000 singles in the target year just ended with a high score of 98 and a low score of 81. If I were to factor out my scores from the bad weather days my average would be about 4 points higher and I would be an A class shooter instead of a C class shooter.

I just like to shoot and I let the averages be what they are.

Ed Ward

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
Compared to...? Not difficult compared to tournament chess; harder than _________ (you fill in the blank). Regards, Ed

·
Registered
929 Posts
This game is easy as pie to learn. To become proficient at it takes a lot of natural talent. It also takes a lot of grit and desire to shoot as much as it takes to get over the pitfalls we encounter. Plain old hard work.

Expert Advise in the form of a recognized top notch clinic, absolutely will get you on the road three times faster than you alone. Harlan Campbell Jr. is my choice. The man sure helped me a bunch.

You get back just what you are willing to put into your shooting program, I haven't been shooting as much as I need to, for getting any further along. I do plan to change that this year. You just got to be hard headed and shoot a lot while applying the basics. Proficiency will come. J.W

·
Registered
7,336 Posts
Another pointless thread by poster with nothing better to do. I really think you are going for the record of dumb threads.

Don

·
Banned
2,644 Posts
Pre-pubescent children seem to have no problem with it, so I'm guessing it's not all that difficult.

·
Registered
7,336 Posts
snydern you went and ruined another topic for a thread. "When should someone kiss my a??"

I can hardly wait for the next stellar topic.

Don

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
The great golfer Slammin' Sammy Snead once said "A perfect score in golf is 18, but I continue to return"

Does this help????

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Mastering this sport would mean a 100% average in singles, doubles and handicap and maintain that average for the remainder of your shooting career. How hard is that?---Matt

·
Registered
423 Posts
Same as any sport, the never ending search for continued perfection. As a human, I know I will never obtain it. As a competitor, I continue to seek it. 'nuff said. HJH

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
You won't master it! The game runs in a wave action..up & down..and when your down and percever, you'll more then likely end up higher then previously. As stated above, "a never ending search for continued perfection." When you have had a great day and they pat you on the back..remember it, your turn will come to pat a few backs also.

Big Jack

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
Earl, here are the data you requested. About one in ten learns to shoot very well, four in ten definitely know how to do it, but a quarter don't.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">
</a>

Neil

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
I would strongly suggest the same numbers for mid and long handi cap.. and doubles.. If you have a 99% singles average and can't or don't shoot doubles.. you've learned how to turn the car on.. That doesn't make you a driver.. All it means is you've mastered singles..

I agree,shooting is a never ending learning curve..and an endurance conterst..all at the same time.. Often it's a game of last man standing.. This question makes me think of a little old Italian man who shoots in Pontacino.. His average is beyond 90% in bunker.. but he's only strong enough to shoot maybe 2 boxes of shells.. Then.. picks up and goes home..

I was graced by his help and kind words..aided by a translator 2 years ago.. Well up in his late 80's he told me.. passion and sacrafice.. Never quit..And he didn't.. He said a slump was just a chance to readjust from yesterday.. to how you must shoot tomorrow.. How I wished I could spend a month with him..

All Good.. Mike

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.