Trapshooters Forum banner

How did you set up your reloading work station?

5240 Views 53 Replies 40 Participants Last post by  Harley Lekvold
(here is a photo of my starting point)

Table Furniture Wood Desk Workbench
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

· Premium Member
13,743 Posts
Certainly more toward the middle of the bench to avoid tipping. I have my 9000 sitting on a table saw with a cast iron table. Very solid. It is a production, however, if I ever need to use the saw.

· Registered
4,109 Posts
Don't listen to these guy with the electric presses. Your press has a handle to pull down. It needs to be close enough to the edge of the table for full travel of the handle . The electric and hydrolic presses don't even need to be bolted down. Using the handle will put a lot of pressure on the forward edge to shake that press and table.
You would be better off building a bench frame like Wadhoppers and putting the table top you have on it. Bolting it to a wall is even better.

· Registered
6,255 Posts
I have two reloading benches, with my shotgun reloading bench doubling as my gunsmithing bench. The MEC600 Jr. is held on with C-clamps when I'm using it, and sits on the floor when I'm not. This is the metallic loading bench:

The shotgun reloading/gunsmithing bench. I do actually clean it occasionally.

Attachments

· Registered
697 Posts
I ran out of room on my loading bench (3) Dillons and a Redding. So, I used an old audio-video stand for my PW. Now I can move it to where I want it, and just anchor it down. This works out great if I want it in the garage. Nice and portable.

· Premium Member
723 Posts
Wood Table Flooring Workbench Engineering
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Bumper Red
Gas Display case Wood Retail Plastic bag

I do my reloading on a multipurpose bench I share with my other hobbies and projects. The bench top is an old office cubicle desk system part I got surplus for free" I drilled holes for the various loaders and other equipment and have “T” nuts installed so they bolt down as needed. I simply swAp out equipment as needed.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.