Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's fun to wander over to the friendliest site just to see how many micro-interests can be catered to on a "Shotgun" website. Sad to say, conflicting personalties on the "Reloading" forum have led to schism - the "Back to Basics" crowd can just take their oversimplifications to "Reloading for Dummies" while the those of a more epicurean bent can stay with "Reloading" and not have their heels nipped by those "Follow a Reloading Guide" Luddites anymore.

Reloading must be, as are so many things, a lot more complicated than it appears.

Neil

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
I think you should stir things up there and ask about duplex loads.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
I just think it is great that 2 powders of different backgrounds and different ability can work together for the good of an elitist 28 gauge enthusiast.

Darr

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A small correction here. It's not really going to be called "Reloading for Dummies;" that's just a sobriquet coined by the sub-forum's opponents. It's going to fill a yawning gap-in-support and will be called "Reloading Euro Hulls."

I am not making this up.

Neil

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Howard, that's the way all of us talk at gun clubs in Minnesota. I thought that the rest would feel insulted if I were to talk down to them.

Neil

·
Registered
1,648 Posts

Followers of Elmer Keith experimented with duplex loads in rifles and some in handguns thinking they were emulating Elmer.

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Johnny, "The friendliest gun forum on the Internet" is the official motto over there. The irony is that when they get annoyed they are the bitchiest, most highhanded, closed-minded, and know-it-all crowd you can imagine. Far worse than here when given the chance. And harder to persuade, if you can believe it!

You think _we_ pick fly-specks out of the pepper!

Neil

·
Banned
3,881 Posts
The other day there was a complaint about a change in the format. I suggested that a possible improvement would be the addition of a category entitled, "Pictures Of Women With Large Boobs." Sadly, my plea fell on deaf ears. Luckily, though, Brian's earlier post inspired an explosion of creative energy.

Category--DUPLEX LOADS

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Reloading is as complex as you want to make it. As always proceed with caution.

As for topics, I say five categories are enough unless Arts and Entertainment and Obituaries are considered. How about gun related stock reports?

·
Banned
3,881 Posts
Dang, you guys just can't stand prosperity, can ya'? I throw you a slow hangin' curve ball, and you just scratch your head. Humph!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts