Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to a gun show today with intent to find a deal on some .223 ammo. It was hard to find any 223 ammo much less a deal on it.

Well anyway I was walking by one table and a guy had 3 used Smith & Wesson 45 ACP pistols. I ended up buying one a Model 4506, it seems to be in excellent shape. Got it for $400 tax included plus he threw in 50 rounds of 45 ammo. I'm not a handgun guy, I know shotguns but not pistols, just wondering what kind of a deal I got. I think I paid a fair price for it.

I'm happy but I know when I go to the gun club tomorrow there will be somebody up there telling me I got ripped. It doesn't matter what you buy, it could be a truck, shotgun, loader, fishing reel, or whatever there are a couple of guys at this club who will tell you how you overpaid and got ripped.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Try gettin that deal this time next year....no semiautos, no gun shows, no 45acp..S$W will be closed down, out of business..get 'em now while you can..they will fetch double to price next year!...lb

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
I agree with shootlow. You could tell them you paid $200 and someone would say you got screwed. None of their business. Tell them your uncle gave it to you for $11. That will pi$$ them off!! Ed

·
Vendor
8,003 Posts
how much could you get ripped off on a $400 deal?

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really don't care what the clowns at the club think, I just had no idea what a pistol like that cost. It was an impulse purchase, and after I got home I was wondering if I did alright. I know $400 ain't much anymore but it will still buy something like 300 shares of Citigroup, or in another week it will buy you a 100 shares of GE, or Alcoa! 3 stalwart companies of the DOW. LOL

Always wanted a 45 auto. I know shotguns just not handguns. Can't wait to take it to the range and crack a few off.

·
Vendor
8,003 Posts
i will retract my statement my appologies

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
http://www.vintagepistols.com/range_report_S&W_4506.html.......I happen to love the 45 and 40 series S&W. You wont find those in my area with ammo included for what you paid. Unless it is shot to hell. I think thats hard to do.
I have the 4013TSW. love it

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
Shootlow was right on -- it's nobody's business but yours. Lots of idiots like to pose as "experts" by ridiculing other people's purchases. I must confess that I sometimes enjoy taunting these fools. My boisterous uncle owned a gun shop and when he would ask what I paid for a gun I would always add about 75% just to see him go nuts. Good clean fun.

Just a few years ago I bought a beautiful .357 Python at a local show for $825. As I was walking the show some crusty old geezer with his grandson stopped me and offered to buy it. As he offered me a laughable $500, he leaned into my face and said "...CASH MONEY!!!" I chuckled and told him I just bought it for $825, to which he replied, "WOW -- I've been buying & selling guns longer than you've been alive, and I ain't never seen nobody get swindled like that." I had intended to keep the gun, but less than an hour later I accepted another guy's offer of $1000. The funny part is that if I'd kept that revolver, today it would easily bring $1600.

Most true gun experts feel no need to make others feel bad about their decisions. It's almost always the idiots who feel the need to run their mouths.

-Gary

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
i am forced to respond now.

Here is one of many tricks i use on ranges,

If i am shooting 22 caliber benchrest shoots, i repackage my expensive match grade ammo into packs like winchester t-22 that are less than half the price of the real match grade ammo i shoot and i place them on the bench and if asked how or why they are shooting so good, i explain i have a special process i use on them, but i cant tell them of course.

never tell anyone what or how much something cost you

bill

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.