Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would beat the honorable Senior Smoke to the punch with this thread.

How do you/are you celebrating the New Year at your house?

For us it's a snowmobile ride in the late afternoon then cocktails and a lobster dinner at home. Then just enjoy each others company.

Happy New Year from beautiful northern Michigan!

Bill and Linda Wheeler

·
Premium Member
18,797 Posts
I'm having a colonoscopy today at noon. My Doc's mother passed away earlier this month, so had to have the appt. changed to today, since I have already met my deductible. So, I'll be laying around the house tonight, and tomorrow. Anyway, Happy New Year everyone! Charlie Henderson

·
Molon Labe
11,990 Posts
Just going to do what we do every night, just going to have some friends help out

We never leave the farm after dark, and sure as he$% aren't going out on New Year's eve when all the amateurs are out LOL

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Driving one of these things for a performance tonight.

·
Premium Member
11,728 Posts
It's 6:37 p.m. where I am, and it's summer time. Already having a glass of Douglas Green Pinotage 2011. Mama is making dinner. It's about 80F outside.

Happy New Year to all of you Northern Hemispherians!

Or as they say over here, "Compliments of the Season!"

From your American-African Brother...

Tim Bruggeman<br>
Johannesburg South Africa

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I'm taking LeeAnn out for a nice dinner, reservations are already made. Then we will stop and have a drink and probably home by 9:30. Don't want to be out too late for all the vehicle checks in Illinois. Dan

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
Once the garage warms up, I think I'll mount the rebuilt 9000H that MEC sent me and put the old one in the box to send back for the same service. They come back better than new!

Then I'll load some shells, walk Kyra around he block, and we'll retire. Tomorrow a day at Metro will start another great year, just like this one!

Neil

·
Banned
4,725 Posts
I have an 8 lb standing rib roast trying to get to room temperature right now so I can put it into the oven. Will have a few Glen Levits 20 year old drinks, shoot some mortar rockets off at midnight so the entire county can see them since we're at 3200 feet, kiss the wife and then go to bed. Tomorrow, Ice Hokey to begin with then as far as I am concerned the no. 1 Bowl game tomorrow, watch my Kids alma mater UCF play Baylor in the BCS Fiesta Bowl. Probably the biggest break in UCF history! Happy New Years to All !

blade819

·
Registered
190 Posts
Nothing planed for the rest of the year. I wish all a happy new year. Remember to keep your head down and break as many as you can.

Fifteen two and a pair is four.

Bill

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
I worked today. I'm going to have a baked potato then walk the dog around the block and go to bed. If I wake before midnight I might shoot off some fireworks that I didn't use on the 4th because it rained.

I'm living large! LOL

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
Big bowl of homemade gumbo and a PoBoy..washed down with a few or 6 Yuenglings,..in bed b4 Midnite and up at the crack o dawn to pack the car for some NYDays shoots in the AM

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Dinner in the pub with my wife and some neighbors. Seafood combo for me and the neighbor lady, Indian platter for my wife, roast beef for the neighbor. some drinks, and home to Trapshooters. Finish up here, get my gear together for tomorrow, then off to bed for an early start on tomorrow's shooting.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Happy New Year.

Stayed around the TV watching Red Old Timers Hockey against the Toronto Maple Leafs. Then my 82 year old trapshootin pal came over ---we went out for a healthy salad for dinner then spent some time reloading shells for our favorite pasttime.

Chuck

1 - 19 of 19 Posts