Trapshooters Forum banner

How are our Shooting friends. Clubs and suppliers Fraying the wrath of the Hurricane Ida

2313 Views 31 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  Steve12
I know many states were flooded by the surge and wind
Let us know how your doing.
If you know of any that we can help let us known
Steve
Reactions: Trap206
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Premium Member
2,418 Posts
We’re in Manville NJ. All you need to do is Google Manville. It’s a mess and I mean a mess. Actually the entire state is a mess. This will go down as the worst natural disaster in NJ history. Luckily we only had a few inches in the basement, many, and I mean many lost everything to high water. Some houses burned and some exploded, bridges washed out. Many dead and many more missing.

· Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We’re in Manville NJ. All you need to do is Google Manville. It’s a mess and I mean a mess. Actually the entire state is a mess. This will go down as the worst natural disaster in NJ history. Luckily we only had a few inches in the basement, many, and I mean many lost everything to high water. Some houses burned and some exploded, bridges washed out. Many dead and many more missing.
Living on the west coast all I can do is see what is happening on the news. I don't even know for sure how many states were affected. This was intense.
Take care I will Google and see.
Wish there were something we could do.
Steve

· Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Living on the west coast all I can do is see what is happening on the news. I don't even know for sure how many states were affected. This was intense.
Take care I will Google and see.
Wish there were something we could do.
Steve
How anyone survived this is a miracle. I know there is more to the story.
My thoughts go out to all of you
Steve

· Registered
2,982 Posts
Pine Belt Sportsman’s Club (NJ) in the southern part of the state is all OK.

I live between two of the tornado touchdown points. The one that hit Mantua stopped 10 miles south of me then touched again 10 miles north of me in Burlington Twp. To say there was a period of being apprehensive, is an understatement. We are NOT prepared to deal with these kind of weather events in NJ. I don’t have a basement... a hallway closet with a hollow core door, is NOT my idea of a storm shelter.

The people I reached out to all made out just fine.

· Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pine Belt Sportsman’s Club (NJ) in the southern part of the state is all OK.

I live between two of the tornado touchdown points. The one that hit Mantua stopped 10 miles south of me then touched again 10 miles north of me in Burlington Twp. To say there was a period of being apprehensive, is an understatement. We are NOT prepared to deal with these kind of weather events in NJ. I don’t have a basement... a hallway closet with a hollow core door, is NOT my idea of a storm shelter.

The people I reached out to all made out just fine.
Thank goodness your one of the lucky ones.
Steve

· Registered
1,131 Posts
Lafayette, La. good. All the action started about fifty miles east of me. State really tore up. This was a bad one.

Last year Laura 60 miles west and this one 60 miles east. They mostly talk about the large cities but half the state is devastated. I've never seen such destruction and I've lived here for seventy years.

Supplies are at a minimum and very expensive. And then hospitals are full with covid and everyday situations. Gas getting difficult to find.

Not good down here right now.

· Registered
101 Posts
Those pics are from yesterday the trap houses are just getting water to the roof, we probably got 10 inches more water and the river that is flooding us is is predicted to crest at 4am tomorrow. Probably will not be able to get near the club until Tuesday or so.
Vic S

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.