Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Gary

You would have more shooters show up for a one day deal like this if you made it a non-registered shoot.

How ever it turns out to be registered or non-registered I would come over and shoot in it.

Keep us posted !

·
Registered
14,685 Posts
It didn't work at Jaquas, and I doubt it would work at Cardinal.

If your'e a B25, why would you compete with the AAA27's?

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
A worthy cause indeed.

Make it non-registered and get some game shooters involved.

Add 15 more targets to make buying 3 boxes worth it.

Wayne

·
Registered
7,357 Posts
I see where you have it loaded for the game shooter again.

Why don't you just leave the OSTA to their own thoughts and plans. After you take out expenses not much left for charity. Why wouldn't the OSTA just give the charity $500, the charity would get more it would cost the OSTA less. If the OSTA just wants to give $$$ to WW then I'm in for $100 and I'll bet many other shooters will opt in and they would raise a lot more than this lame event.

Don

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
It is somewhat loaded for the game shooter but the burden would be on their shoulders to not let an ATA bonafide shooter win.

Let's make it more interesting and just eliminate the 16's.

15 targets from the hip @ the 27

10 targets with gun position overhead

Now you have a perfect 3 boxer event

Double the price since its for charity and the second half goes to WW.

I'd sure try to make it. Then Dr L you would have your chance at me with whatever else you've boasted about here.

·
Vendor
19,369 Posts
And the first one to "break-em-all" will get a "CARDINAL SLAM"

Just DL's way of proving his favorite rants. 30 yards and 3 hole targets.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
You can find a much better VET organization to support. Research "Wounded Warriors" and you'll find out that just a little more than 50% of the money raised goes to the vets, the rest is used for promotion and operation expenses.
I like the idea, but not the recipient.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Let me ask are you doing this for the "WOUNDED WARRIORS" or not? if you are you should make it where everyone will have a good time shooting in it. You go moving back to shooting in the parking lot your only going to find maybe a hand full of shooters that will even show up. I don't mind the 3 hole targets but back pass the 27yd line you can count me out. Sorry !

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Raising money for Wounded Warriors is a great idea!

But let's raise a LOT. Instead of a shoot, we each just donate what we're willing to pay for Longsh!t to stay home. I'll throw in the first $50.

-Gary

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Have to agree with Rick - I will be there to shoot trap but not for "games"

·
Registered
121 Posts
I see we have a few of you who want little girly girl targets and a trophy because you participated.I would be willing to bet you would be afraid to show how poorly you really shoot if it were to happen.

·
Registered
905 Posts
atashtr

I hope that you're not talking about me!

I can hold my own shooting trap and Dr. Longshot knows it, but I will not go any farther back than the 27yds. Besides I don't think you will even get the Cardinal Center to go along with anything pass the 27yds anyway. You have to think safety for not only you but others that are there, plus its Raising money for Wounded Warriors and you want people to come and shoot and have a good time.

If Dr.Longshot wants a long range shoot then he should step up and say that's is what he wants and not bring the Wounded Warriors in to this.

I am sorry but the Wounded Warriors is not something to joke around about you never know some of them may even come and shoot in it if its run right.

·
Registered
121 Posts
no names were mentioned nor how far back to shoot just simply stating puffy targets are a waste of time kinda like watching grass grow.i agree its nothing to take lightly no charity event should ever be.If run right it would generate $$ and may attract more potential shooters.1 day event with a few different events would in my opinion attract a decent crowd.doubles from 20 yds or handicap with 7/8 ounce a little bunker trap and possibly bunker buddy shoot.lots of options with safety in mind.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Bunker buddy shoots? Hell yeah! Sign me up.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Do you want the wounded warriors to participate in the shoot? Or just honor them with a fund raiser? If you want them to join in give them and maybe all veteran a handicap, maybe shoot one or two yards closer. Just an idea. You might also want to contact the V.F.w's and American legends

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Doc, At least you are trying. Don't let the negatives deter you. They suggest a games shooter with 1- 1/8 @ 1200 fps would have an advantage. How? When everone
is shooting the same shells! A Bunker buddy would be great if you draw for partners. Unlike Jaqua's who lets the All Americans buddy up and then shoot it twice.

Clyde

·
Registered
14,685 Posts
Zar, I heard the same thing. They will take the donation, but will not publicly support a shooting event. I checked their website, policy and programs and it says nothing about being anti-gun, but it should be confirmed.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts