Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
****House has been rented from August 8th-15th**** Thank You for checking

I am listing this house for my Brother/Sister-In-Law.

3 bedroom house for rent during the Grand, located on the north/west side of Sparta (Near High School). Large living room, Den, Kitchen, Dining room, 2 Bath, Garage, and large back yard. We will be on vacation during the entire Grand so house will be open from Aug 1st-15th for the whole event. We have family close by that can meet with you and take care of anything needed (they will also take care of outside animals we have). We do have at cat and it will be here during your stay, so pet lovers only! (Pet care items will be provided)! $150 per night! Discounted rate for those willing to care for our cat! Contact Melissa for more info @ 618-317-7900.
Jamie's House 10.png

Jamie's House 2.png Jamie's House 3.png Jamie's House 4.png Jamie's House 5.png Jamie's House 6.png Jamie's House 7.png Jamie's House 8.png Jamie's House 1.png Jamie's House 9.png

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Located in a nice quiet crime free neighborhood. Not far off the beaten path and pretty close to Walmart and the other stores. Less than 10 minute drive to the WSRC Shooting Complex. This is a great deal for someone!!!

·
Banned
818 Posts
www.city-data.com Find out all you want about any city in the United States ... Sparta, Ill has 19 registered sex offenders based on the current findings ... If you search the Illinois web site you can find out who they are and where they live ... Can also look up all of the other towns that have been mentioned to see what statistics they produce ... Very Interesting ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

·
Banned
1,205 Posts
www.city-data.com Find out all you want about any city in the United States ... Sparta, Ill has 19 registered sex offenders based on the current findings ... If you search the Illinois web site you can find out who they are and where they live ... Can also look up all of the other towns that have been mentioned to see what statistics they produce ... Very Interesting ... WPT ... (YAC) ...
I started on this and was distracted.

Here are the average crime rates for Sparta.

For fun I added Vandalia, then Marengo, OH.

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Sparta-Illinois.html

City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 294.7)

.................Yr 2001 - 2002 - 2003 - 2004 - 2005 - 2006 - 2007 - 2008 - 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013
Sparta..........318.6 - 348.3 - 351.2 - 209.9 - 258.7 - 200.0 - 201.4 - 339.8 - 290.0 - 212.6 - 286.0 - 223.8 - 225.7
Vandalia......209.9 - 250.0 - 213.4 - 163.4 - 159.9 - 185.9 - 200.0 - 176.1 - 145.9 - 181.0 - 166.3 - 168.9 - 162.0

http://www.clrsearch.com/Marengo-Demographics/OH/Crime-Rate?compare=Sparta,+IL

Marengo, OH and Sparta, IL

2012 Crime Rate Indexes
Marengo, OH-------- Sparta ----------Ohio ---- ---- United States

Total Crime Risk ........................... 46 .....................172 ........... ......... 101 ....... ................ 100

The above was just done for fun, not conclusions of personal safety should be derived from such data. I have never been to Vandalia or Marengo. I have always felt welcome at Sparta when I have attended events at the WRSC. Except the time I had to spend a night at the Motel with the cities namesake. That was just downright horrible, though maybe it has changed. It was my decision to stay, I should have stayed in the car. Live and learn.

Shoot well.

John

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
I started on this and was distracted.

Here are the average crime rates for Sparta.

For fun I added Vandalia, then Marengo, OH.

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Sparta-Illinois.html

City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 294.7)

.................Yr 2001 - 2002 - 2003 - 2004 - 2005 - 2006 - 2007 - 2008 - 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013
Sparta..........318.6 - 348.3 - 351.2 - 209.9 - 258.7 - 200.0 - 201.4 - 339.8 - 290.0 - 212.6 - 286.0 - 223.8 - 225.7
Vandalia......209.9 - 250.0 - 213.4 - 163.4 - 159.9 - 185.9 - 200.0 - 176.1 - 145.9 - 181.0 - 166.3 - 168.9 - 162.0

http://www.clrsearch.com/Marengo-Demographics/OH/Crime-Rate?compare=Sparta,+IL

Marengo, OH and Sparta, IL

2012 Crime Rate Indexes
Marengo, OH-------- Sparta ----------Ohio ---- ---- United States

Total Crime Risk ........................... 46 .....................172 ........... ......... 101 ....... ................ 100

The above was just done for fun, not conclusions of personal safety should be derived from such data. I have never been to Vandalia or Marengo. I have always felt welcome at Sparta when I have attended events at the WRSC. Except the time I had to spend a night at the Motel with the cities namesake. That was just downright horrible, though maybe it has changed. It was my decision to stay, I should have stayed in the car. Live and learn.

Shoot well.

John
John,

Do you really think this is the proper place to post all that? These folks(who I do not personally know) are simply trying to rent their residence for the Grand. Folks are consistently saying there is no place to stay. Now we have what looks like a great opportunity and the thread gets muddied up with nonsense. Perhaps you could move your information to another thread you start and give these folks a fair chance. I do know where this house is located and I still say it is a great place in a great location.

Matt

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Matt!
My brother (who the house belongs too) and I are both police officers in the area and I can definitely attest that this area is a safe place. Sparta is like any other town yes, there is crime and yes there are some places safer than others. The crime rate here is pretty low in our area of Illinois!

Now who wants to rent a hell off a nice place for a great price :)

·
Banned
1,205 Posts
Located in a nice quiet crime free neighborhood.
I don't think I discounted this aspect, did I and it does appear you brought specifically,"crime" into the discussion and the phrase, "crime free neighborhood."

I have no doubt that neighborhood is safe. Like I said, "The above was just done for fun, not conclusions of personal safety should be derived from such data. "I have never been to Vandalia or Marengo. I have always felt welcome at Sparta when I have attended events at the WRSC." "Welcome", to me as to be assumed as safe as well, I don't think I would feel welcome if I felt unsafe, would I.

The information provided is for the area in general, not the neighborhood depicted. I also rent a house in Sparta, and would not give any second thoughts to it.

I am sorry you cannot understand.

Thanks Matt!
My brother (who the house belongs too) and I are both police officers in the area and I can definitely attest that this area is a safe place. Sparta is like any other town yes, there is crime and yes there are some places safer than others. The crime rate here is pretty low in our area of Illinois!

Now who wants to rent a hell off a nice place for a great price :)
It is interesting for this comment. If a person was a victim of a crime in the safest place in the world, was it safe for them.

I never said, this was not a nice place (it looks great and I would not hesitate to rent) or not a safe neighborhood, and it is a great price. The problem started when grntitan said, "

Whoever rents it, will be a lucky group or family to have such a place close to the grounds.

Shoot well.

John

·
Banned
818 Posts
Someone from down in Edwardsville, Ill tried to sign up on the other site using my name and thats not nice ... Got caught, OPPPS ... Illinois obviously has a problem that goes far beyond sex offenders and the WSRC ... Someone, anyone got something to say, send an IM or call, I'm easy to talk to ... just sayin .... WPT ... (YAC) ...

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Wish I'd seen this a month ago. Are you going on vacation next year? If so, consider it rented.

·
Registered
951 Posts
And people say there is no place to stay in Sparta. I have a house I rent every year. Cheaper than a hotel and a whole lot better. If I had more guys, just the two of us, I would really look at this place. Even if I don't really love cats. Do you know if a person can bring a dog? Not kidding. It costs $50 a day to kennel my two dogs. They like cats. Really the woman that keeps them now has two cats and they get along just fine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts