Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How late is to late to get a good spot for the Grand, I've never been but would really like to go this year.

·
Premium Member
4,718 Posts
Call Mike Turnure at the K-River Motel in Baldwin @ 618 785-2564 . Last time I spoke to him on the phone he still had 2 rooms open for the Grand . You must rent for the whole shoot though . Approx 5 miles from the event center . His full service 50 amp campground spots are $35.00 per night with no minimum stay .

·
Registered
8,533 Posts
Thanks for clarification. Early as possible generally for good close accommodations. Later your usually getting farther away. Fergusons got rooms now.

·
Registered
478 Posts
This late in the year, your best bet would be Fairview Heights, IL for a hotel. It will be about a 1/2 hour commute.
The Grand sounds like two weeks of pop corn from my house.

I hope everyone can make it!

regards,

Todd

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Yup, as Todd above stated, this late in the game, you will need to check the towns of Fairview Heights, O'Fallon and Shiloh, IL. They will have plenty of accommodations available. It's roughly a 30 minute drive to and from the WSRC/shooting complex on relatively low traffic two lane roads for most of that drive. There are also plenty of restaurants and other entertainment in those towns as well. Those 3 towns pretty much all run together with Shiloh being the closest and Fairview Heights being the furthest.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts