Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to book a room for the grand and wondered where people have stayed. I was looking at the holiday inn express in Sparta but it is full already. Looking for something close and nice as I have talked my wife into coming along and will never hear the end of it if we stay in a dump.

·
Registered
619 Posts
You could try Rieds in Chester, it's about 20 miles south, they have good food, on south you could go to Back into Missouri, Perryville it a 45 min Drive but they have a nice Motel and Tractors is normally a decent steak.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
You can do a search on this on this website. I know every year people list all the motels. There are a bunch in Pickneyville and some of the other towns close by. In Sparta there are 4 but only 2 are decent. The Holiday Inn and probably the Briarwood. The other 2 are the Budget Inn (not related to any chain and a complete dump) and the Sparta Motel (not much better). Waterloo has a Super 8. Columbia has a few. There are several others.

·
Registered
143 Posts
We stayed in O'Fallon at the Extended Stay America last year. $60 a night. Nice, clean, fairly new, quiet and close to restaurants. Only issue was the 45-50 minute drive each way but I can deal with that at 1/2 the price or less of Sparta Hotels.

O'Fallon is also close to St. Louis, MO in case you wanted to take a drive in and see some sights.

·
Registered
465 Posts
You would be looking at over 25 minutes drive times, depending on your choices other than Sparta. There are some short cuts, but they are not for the faint hearted.

by drive time, (results may vary, use only as directed):

5 minutes
Sparta

25 minutes
Pickneyville
Red Bud
Chester

45 minutes
Waterloo
O'Fallon / Fairview Hieghts
Columbia

50 minutes
Sesser (Wayne Fitzgerald State Park Resort) Trap fields on site.
Benton
Perryville, Mo

An hour +/-
Marion
Carbondale
Mt. Vernon
St. Louis, MO

Two Hours +/-
Paducah, KY

regards,

Todd Dietrich
Marissa, IL

·
Registered
8,533 Posts
Zach, I stayed there for several years. Never had any real issues.

some great cornfield shortcuts have been installed for the brave of heart!!

It's about a 1/2 hour drive...

Jim Chapman

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Baldwin has K-River if you want to stay the whole Grand. Red Bud has a nice place

Red Bud Country Inn
www.redbudcountryinn.com
1617 S Main St, Red Bud, IL 62278
(618) 282-4444

Pinkneyville only has one place in town

Main Street Inn
112 S Main St Pinckneyville, IL 62274?
(618) 357-2128

Way outside of Pinkneyville to the east

Days Inn ran by Hodgie the red dot Indian
His famous saying "Speecial Eveent, No deescount"

·
Registered
27 Posts
The Hampton Inn in Columbia, IL is very nice and is 38 miles from the WSRC. There is a nice selection of restaurants in Columbia and nearby Waterloo, IL.

Greg

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I think finding a place early is a good idea, don't be afraid to call these places and ask questions. I stay in Okawville, Il.
There is a hotel In Okawville , Older place, Good people own the place,
Quality trapshooters stay there . I think its called Original Springs in Okawville.

Joe Woods/Ontario

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Joe,

You are staying at the Haunted Hotel. A guy I worked with claimed to see an apparition in the window of it early one AM while passing through town via semi. It's a quiet very small town. It was a close route of ours. This is a veteran driver of over 40 years and church going gentleman. He will look you in the eye and is dead serious. Me, I never saw shit.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I stayed at the best western in Nashville for the SCCTP shoot. I would not recommend this place at all. The people were rude there is nowhere to eat a decent meal. This is also a long drive to Sparta. The pool is very bad. I would sleep in a tent at the grand in winter first. Just my two cents. The Briarwood is a very nice place. I went there and looked at this while I was there. I have rev. for this years SCCTP already booked.

·
Registered
928 Posts
DD,
Thats odd - I stayed at the Nashville Best Western for this summer's Grand ... and I didnt mind it at all. Certainly worth the $65/night, or so, that I paid. Room was clean, I didnt use the pool (didnt know they had one), and had no issues with the help. It is a long drive to the WSRC though. I dont know about restaurants - I made do with dinners from the local grocery store !

·
Registered
810 Posts
Be a man and stay at the SPARTA MOTEL,let the stories begin,every time i think of that place I itch

·
Registered
465 Posts
I was driving by our airport to nowhere last week MidAmerica Airport. The LaQuinta they built just off I64 and Rt4 is now a Best Western. It might be 2 yrs old. Its about 45 minutes from Sparta and just north of Mascoutah.

Todd / Illinois

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I had never heard of MidAmerica Airport so I looked it up on Wiki. It is the "gateway to nowhere" costing 313 million dollars that is not used by commercial airline.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts