Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get a barrel reblued this winter. Who would you recommend for the job?

·
Banned
8,492 Posts
Sanremo. Sorry but Wright's don,t blue. They told me at the grand that they just prep them and send them to Simmons. Save your self some money ans send it tothe Colorado gunsmithing school or straight to Simmons. Billl

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate the info guys. I would still like to hear of anyone else but will contact the ones suggested.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The absolute best is Marlette but he is probably not the cheapest.
It is according to the quality that you need for the gun.He works on expensive guns.I have never seen better.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Was wondering if Doug Braker (aka. Gun Dr.) does reblueing? Anyone have a gun done by him? Were you satisfied with his work? Thanks

·
Registered
483 Posts
I second GlenRock , Phil has blued and also preped metal for me to have coated. Excellent work .Now when I rebuilt my K32 M/C grade gun I had krieghoff do the rebluing . I've seen some pretty work from Marlette as well.

·
Registered
113 Posts
B12- I don't know where you got your info about Wrights sending their bluing out but you couldn't be more wrong. We hot blue and rust blue. The only thing we send to Simmons are rib jobs. We blue them after the rib is installed.
Scott Wright

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Al Lingham, in Tucson AZ,

Does not need IMHO,

I am among the best!

Al

1 - 20 of 24 Posts