Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anyone help with repairs or know of a business that has parts for the Hornady Apex loader? The sizer on station 1 has the spring wrapped around it. The sizer falls apart about every 30 rounds or so, one of the three pieces simply falls out. I called Hornady, whom are normally extremely helpful, but they said the sizer is just wore out and can't help. This is a great loader, any help is appreciated. Thanks!

...has anyone experienced this and repaired it themselves successfully?

·
Premium Member
5,453 Posts
While I do not have and never have used the Apex, I think those that have them buy used ones whenever then happen on to them to use as donors for spare parts. And there is more than one version.

·
Registered
163 Posts
That loader is warrantied for life. I bought one years ago (1991, was an "Apex 90" ) and was always able to get parts for it from Hornady. But sold it when I found the right deal on a PW. Hornady is not standing behind it now?

·
Premium Member
12,107 Posts
The unit was discontinued YEARS ago - parts are getting scarce...

Older P/W's have the same issue.

Reactions: Huntfishbbq

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have one and have been in touch with Hornady. They are helpful but their supply of spares is running out. Your best bet is to find someone with the parts you need or find a donor machine. And consider replacing it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That loader is warrantied for life. I bought one years ago (1991, was an "Apex 90" ) and was always able to get parts for it from Hornady. But sold it when I found the right deal on a PW. Hornady is not standing behind it now?
Thanks, ccanz13. Yes, they'll stand behind it and clean/adjust. They just don't have the replacement parts. I'm hoping to find someone that might either have a stash, know of someone with extra parts, or may have found someone who can make the part. It does such a nice job, I'd hate to just get rid of it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So, what kind of powder are you using?
Trap load is 16.8 gns 700x, win209, 1 oz #8 Lawrence with a CB1100
Skeet load is 18.5 gns American Select, win209, 7/8 oz #8.5 Lawrence with a CB4100

Got started late, but been shooting about 5-6 yrs now. Dad got me started for some fun, I'm hooked and all in. He got me started on his recipe and I've been tweaking it since.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Pinebelt in south jersey has an Apex on the table for sale in great shape the only thing missing is the shot tubes, I would say 95 percent condition or better shape

1 - 20 of 38 Posts