Trapshooters Forum banner

Hornady 366 w/auto assist

1567 Views 6 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Jeff P
has anybody out there had any experience with the Hornady 366 with auto-assist.I'm thinking of buying one and would like some imput from previous users.
has anybody out there had any experience with the Hornady 366 with auto-assist.I'm thinking of buying one and would like some imput from previous users.
See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Banned
1,598 Posts
It is purely there not to "assist" you as much more to actually STOP a user from operating it with there head up butt by being to jerky and quick on the handle.

These things are just a gas shock like your liftgate/hood supports on your vehicle. Over time they wear out and you have to prop open the liftgate or hood. I prefer the loader without them. But I am pretty sure you can run the newer ones without the gas shock??

· Registered
54 Posts
Installed one on my 366. The cylinder is continually wearing out. It does smooth out the cycling, when it works. I no longer use mine. I guess I would advise against spending the money. It works as advertised, but not very long.

· Registered
1,695 Posts
I bought one, hooked it up, loaded two boxes of shells, took it off and sent it back for a refund - which Hornady gave, no questions asked. Great service.

It's mostly something to entice the Mec crowd into a 366, but I can load way faster without it.

If you're to quick on the upstroke, the plate advances too fast and the primer doesn't fully drop and binds ups in the plate - and yes, shot will go everywhere. but within the first flat of shells you'll develop a little hitch in your stroke where you'll pause a split second while that primer drops into the bottom of the die and then everything is smooth as silk...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.