Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read hundreds of posts regarding the newest/best bore cleaning agents out here.
Today, I was fortunate enough to pay a visit to Roger Eubanks at Eubanks Gunsmithing in Homedale, Idaho to get a trap gun tuned. Somehow the topic of gun cleaning came up. Roger said that he has repaired or shit canned a number of guns that were soaked in various cleaning concoctions. Roger told me that he has used Hoppes#9 for 40 years and has never had an issue and #9 always worked safely and effectively.
Anyone who knows Roger Eubanks and is familiar with his incredible work will have confidence in his advise as do I.
John

· Registered
2,342 Posts
I use pretty much whatever oil or solvent is available. I don't have a particular favorite, but I always get a smile on my face when I get some #9 because it always makes me think of the tons of people out there who love it's smell.

· Registered
1,828 Posts
I use pretty much whatever oil or solvent is available. I don't have a particular favorite, but I always get a smile on my face when I get some #9 because it always makes me think of the tons of people out there who love it's smell.
It reminds me of my grandpa who taught me how to hunt and fish . He has been dead for 45 years and #9 still brings a tear to my eye.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.