Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
George is a hell of a guy. He was always so friendly to me as a kid at shoots. I'll always remember and be grateful for that.

Don't know if I can make the 12th, may be fishing, but tell him hi for me.

John Houle

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
This is such a great gesture to honor George and spend the day reminiscing about years past. And, I'm sure George has some interesting stories to tell.

Nice job Bob, Kent, Kathy and everybody involved at Beaverbrook. It should be a fun time.

See ya there.

Jim W

·
Strong Supporter of Trapshooting
4,727 Posts
George is a helluva guy (ditto the above)!

Tell him "Hi from Whiz in South Dakota." He and I have BS'ed many a time at shoots in SD.

Whiz

·
Registered
599 Posts
First time I shot Beaverbrook, George and Vern Atwater were on our squad. Wish we could be there. Please give George our best, glad to hear he is doing better.

Tom @ Barb Rocheford

·
Registered
816 Posts
Just want to say thanks to all who are making this a great day for George. Wish I could be there but I'm in Tucson preparing to watch my daughter Kelsey prepare for and shoot in the final Olympic trials.

Shoot good all, good luck to George and wish him well. Special thanks to Bob Wiltse for making this happen. It looks like God has smiled on the event as the weather is supposed to be great.

Mark Zauhar

·
Registered
816 Posts
Just want to say thanks to all who are making this a great day for George. Wish I could be there but I'm in Tucson preparing to watch my daughter Kelsey prepare for and shoot in the final Olympic trials.

Shoot good all, good luck to George and wish him well. Special thanks to Bob Wiltse for making this happen. It looks like God has smiled on the event as the weather is supposed to be great.

Mark Zauhar

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Its a great day to be out shooting targets and honoring one of our local shooters.

Bob, great job to you and the staff at Beaverbrook that are making this happen.

Jimmy Bowen

·
Vendor
19,101 Posts
Wow! great day on the range. George looked great. I'm sure he could have handled a round of singles. Great smile... An asset to MN trapshooting and to his home club of BeaverBrook. Thanks to all that put the quality shindig together. What few of yo know is that I was able to buy a couple of George's MX3s. That was a few years back now, but they were re-furbed and sent out to new trap ranges to serve yet one more productive life. Thanks for those George. And George, I know you had several MX3s... Would you, by chance have one left? Lotta interest on those guns still. Lemme know..

And Kathi, Bob, and Kent (et al) Thanks for a great shoot. Well run, a terrific spread for lunch, an perfectly set targets. And I LOVE those all orange White Flyers against a Spring green b/g. they produced STARSHOT hits that suggested the exploding Olympic targets. Really, you had to be there to see the kaleidoscope breaks. I loved the experience.

Thanks.

Jack

·
Strong Supporter of Trapshooting
4,727 Posts
That stately tall guy on the left is Tom Hamann of SC, IA.

Tom was just here last week, I believe it was, and we met for coffee. He's a helluva gentleman and I always enjoyed his company at shoots, and now when he's here visiting his son.

We argue about who buys lunch, but as long as he's a guest here in RC, I buy and there's no discussion. When I get to SC, Tom, you can buy.

Nice folks you have there in your photos and the BEST to George.

Whiz White<BR>
Rapid City

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
You folks that planned and organized this should be commended, excellent job.

George is one of the guys you always wanted to see at a shoot. Didn't matter the weather, let's shoot.

Wish I could have been there.

Rick Nelson

·
Vendor
19,101 Posts
Those were terrific targets Bob. Took 98 to win in caps. But I can still see the kaleidoscope breaks in my memory.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.