Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any recommendations for material to make a high rib out of for an xt? Wanting to make one myself. Or buy one if someone has one they want to get rid of. Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
I made one for my beretta out of wood. (birch) You need nice a nice straight grain piece to start . I wanted to experiment some using a raised rib. I was able to tune it for POI by hand planeing. Painted it satin black & put beads on it.I made notches 1/16 deep x 7/8 wide in the top of the rib so I could attach it by wrapping electrical under the vent rib & over the top. You can't see the tape looking down barrel.
I still plan to adjust the total height down about 1/8 so I have not looked at other ways to mount it. Works just fine if you want to try shooting more "heads up" Brent

·
Registered
258 Posts
Homemade

A gentleman I know makes them already out of Delryn, which is a dense and very durable plastic. I have 2 of them on my guns and love them. His name is Lonnie Hales. work 7048927545. U will like them. U will like the price 2.

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
Homemade

Just buy a piece of DELRIN from McMaster-Carr and have at it. Click the link. Use the factory edge against your stock rib.

-Gary

·
Registered
633 Posts
Homemade

3M automotive tape to mount it works well. I believe add-a-rib uses this product as well? Any thoughts? Thanks for the Delrin link Gary.....

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Homemade

I have a Delryn rib attached to the aluminum rib with RTV. It seems to be solidly mounted and can be removed if necessary.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Homemade

Built these used tape to attach wanted a raised rib Delryn is my choice as it is easy to work with and does not need finishing when the right height is achieved

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Homemade

Tape is the way to go I used to use silicone but tape is easier and holds just as well .I can pick up the whole gun by the rib. Also the tape is instant put it on and go shoot no curing time like silicone and easier to remove without any clean up. I just glue a light bead like a tru glow or Hi Viz right to the top of the rib or cut a groove and lay the light rod in the groove like a Keen rib.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Homemade

McMaster-Carr has the Delryn. It can be drilled and tapped for sights etc. but likely won't hold for attaching heavy items or heavy tightening of screws.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.