Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are thinking about staying at the Holiday Inn airport for this year's Spring Grand. Does anybody have any experience staying at this place. It appears to be about 12 or 13 miles from the club. Thanks

·
Registered
992 Posts
Yes I stayed there for a couple of years a nice place close to the airport and they have a bar. Do not leave your guns in your car any where in Tucson. As you might not have a car in the morning. Trevor Dawe.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
We are staying at the Best Western on Tucson Blvd which is by the Airport. Rates are cheaper then the Host Hotel CoOuntry Inn. It is completely remodeled and also has a bar and restaurant. A Men what Trevor says!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I searched and searched, doesn't look like hotel rooms are down much in Tucson. We settled on Confort Suites, Automall Drive, $135 a night. Be advised, the freeway system in Tucson is all fu****d. Most off ramps closed. Getting to the gun club will take some planning. It doesn't take much to be in the wrong area, that close to the borderland. Be careful out there. gyrine

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
I've done the Gem Show for about 30 plus years.. First.. buyers were off about 50%.. sellers were off about 30%.. The crap.. and I mean real crap jewelery.. ie. stone necklace made in China,Balli,Mexico for under $3.00 were selling FANTASTIC.. Buyers using both hands to grab the crap up.. Also.. the Japs are now stone collectors.. Anything in a plastic box that ended in a ite under say $50.00 they were selling hand over fist.. The mid range stone in the say $200 to $1500 for the stone price point just sat.. No buyers,few lookers.. a`waste to even have brought it.. The really good stones were priced out of reach.. The sellers did not want money.. they rather keep the gemstones.. Now.. with what is going on around the world..alot of the rough is just not around.. At best.. VERY,VERY expensive. The weather was great.. so no excuse there.. I stayed very close to the gem show..only getting a room the week before for $79.95. and was walking distance to the Convention center.. NEVER could that have been done in the past for under $300..and at the last minute.. would just be a dream. Then.. I left on the 6th.. and many of the vendors were calling it quits.. cutting their losses..and leaving early..
The part of the freeway under construction I did not find to be a problem.. The very large 3 lane service road kept traffic moving pretty good. I was driving both East and West off the I-10 to go to the various other shows.. Enjoy the great people out there.. All Good.. Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.