Trapshooters Forum banner

Hodgdon International

2554 16
Who uses it? What's your recipe? How clean is it compared to the rest? I've been using 18.5 g with aa12 equivalent wad, W209 and with 1-1/8oz in Remington hull. Its a recipe that used to be on hodgdons site. but now poof. they have no recipes for 1-1/8oz in Remington hull that uses the W209. what gives?
Reactions: acorange
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Go the the specific powders webpage and put in your components. Their reloading data center has been messed up for a while now.

Enter your load components and hit "Get Reloading Data". What your looking for seems to be the second to last on the list.

View attachment 1740313
wow. thanks for the tip. I didn't know about the specific pages.

· Registered
226 Posts
I use Int. for singles and caps. I load remington, federal and winchester hulls following the recipes on their web site, however it does need some attention now. Not many powders have as many load options using various components as International does. It is clean burning as long as the psi is at least 9000.

· Sky Buster
4,481 Posts
I load 19.5gr. Int. under Gold Duster fig8 wad and use win209 primer. Fits well and shoots great. Most powders burn their cleanest with most constant pressure at or a bit over 10,000 PSI.
Recently received the results using International clays from Precision Reloading. WW hull, CB1100-12 wad,1 oz shot, WW primer. 18.7 International clays. Average velocity was 1,287 FPS.
pressure was 8,043 psi This was the 4th load I tested with Precision Reloading. In every case,
the velocity was faster than what is indicted in the Hodgedon manual.
I load 19.5gr. Int. under Gold Duster fig8 wad and use win209 primer. Fits well and shoots great. Most powders burn their cleanest with most constant pressure at or a bit over 10,000 PSI.

· Registered
59 Posts
Who uses it? What's your recipe? How clean is it compared to the rest? I've been using 18.5 g with aa12 equivalent wad, W209 and with 1-1/8oz in Remington hull. Its a recipe that used to be on hodgdons site. but now poof. they have no recipes for 1-1/8oz in Remington hull that uses the W209. what gives?
I used this powder years ago for everything.I liked it ,it worked very well for me. don t remember what load i was shooting

· Registered
3,218 Posts
I usually use Green Dot or WST for my 1 1/8 oz. loads in the WW hull. Came across some Int. Clays when an older shooter was getting rid of his reloading stuff and am quite impressed with it.
18.5 gr. with a CB-1118 wad in the HS or CF AA hull is a great 2&3/4DR.-1&1/8oz. load.

· Premium Member
7,075 Posts
Ive had the same experience with this powder, Seem like its hotter than the old Inter clays, I may be wrong but I was told that the Old International clays was made in Australia, The new Clays is made in Canada. Maybe they should review the reloading information for this powder some things changed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.