Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I recently (6 months ago) started using IC in my Federal Paper reloads. I use it with an S4 to make handicap loads that look totally factory. Good stuff. I tried it in some singles loads and liked it too.

I tend to use Clays for singles and Titegroup for handicap in AA and STS hulls. But Int'l Clays is very nice. It really just depends on whether you have wads for a flaky powder like Int'l/Clays/Green Dot/PB or a dense powder like TG/SuperHandicap.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Kinda expensive for 1 oz. loads but is soft,clean and easy on the cheek(not sharp recoiling) in 1 1/8 loads.Jerry

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I ran out of Clays, which I used in my singles and doubles loads, so loaded IC. That is all I use now, for all 3 events. #29, #31, and #33 bushings. All other components stay the same.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I had somone at Hodgson I shot with one day recommend Inernational, showed me two recipes in their manual that he said are the closest to Rem Nitro's you can load yourself. I use a Downrange wad and load either 1 oz or 7/8 oz at 1,300 fps. I think it's relatively clean burning, but it's all I've ever loaded. It's not very popular, not a lot of places carry it. a big retailer had some sitting on their shelves so long, they gave me a deep discount if I bought all the 8# jugs they had. I must have been the 1st guy in years looking for it.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I stumbled upon a loading for it for handicap 1 1/8's. I loaaded up a few boxes and gave it a try. I came home and loaded up the rest of the 4#er. I like it....

·
Registered
626 Posts
I used clays for winter and IC for summer for years. A little pricey and I didn't like sending money to anti gun Australia.
Now using claydot for 1oz and universal for 1 1/8

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
International Clays works good in 12 gauge and is one of the few powders that also works great in 20 gauge.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.