Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new format for Hodgdon Powders loading guide has me stumped. Sometimes that's not hard so I am asking for enlightenment.
I was looking for data loading 12GA, with Clays powder in a Remington 2 3/4" Hull, 1-1/8 ounce using a W209 primer.
The data says there are 114 loads for this powder, hull and shot weight combination. I scroll to the bottom, and the bottom of the data is not there. Data stops at W209 and LAGE Uniwad and never gets to Rem Fig 8, WAA12, or Windjammer wads.
How do I get to page two of the data? Several pages are like this. I cannot figure out how to get to page two and finish the data. Printing the data does not solve the problem. It still stops at the same place. I am using my computer to look things up as opposed to my phone. My phone does the same thing.

Please help the challenged.

Thank you and be kind.

· Registered
3 Posts
The new format for Hodgdon Powders loading guide has me stumped. Sometimes that's not hard so I am asking for enlightenment.
I was looking for data loading 12GA, with Clays powder in a Remington 2 3/4" Hull, 1-1/8 ounce using a W209 primer.
The data says there are 114 loads for this powder, hull and shot weight combination. I scroll to the bottom, and the bottom of the data is not there. Data stops at W209 and LAGE Uniwad and never gets to Rem Fig 8, WAA12, or Windjammer wads.
How do I get to page two of the data? Several pages are like this. I cannot figure out how to get to page two and finish the data. Printing the data does not solve the problem. It still stops at the same place. I am using my computer to look things up as opposed to my phone. My phone does the same thing.

Please help the challenged.

Thank you and be kind.
Same issue here. I was looking for data for a load using w209 primers and they are not listed. I also counted and there are less loads than listed in search. Please share if you figure it out.

· Registered
3,054 Posts
I think Hodgdon messed up.
I sent a message to Hodgdon.

I got the 2019 Basic Reloading Manual.

Rem STS/Nitro hull, Win 209, WAA12, 1 1/8 oz shot, Clays Powder:
17.3 gr 9700 psi 1145 f/s
18.4 gr 11300 psi 1200 f/s

With Rem Fig 8 wad
17.5 / 9700 psi edit: 1145 f/s
18.6 / 11000 psi edit 1200 f/s

Jason

· Registered
436 Posts
I had the same thing happen when trying to find LiL'Gun data for a .410. Nothing appeared . Rifle and pistol data was available but nothing for a .410, which is what the powder is mainly designed for. I used their "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page and asked them what was up. I got an almost immediate response from a Don White. He provided the data I wanted but never offered an explanation as to why the site wasn't working properly.

· Registered
436 Posts
Just went there with my phone and worked fine. Punch in info like always (albeit different format) and at the bottom you have a long vertical instead of horizontal to choose from.

It's crazy that every recipe has a "buy now" tab beside it.
Odd! I just went there and nothing has changed. You still can't get Lil"Gun shotgun data. It does works for some things but not all.

· Registered
3 Posts
I think Hodgdon messed up.
I sent a message to Hodgdon.

I got the 2019 Basic Reloading Manual.

Rem STS/Nitro hull, Win 209, WAA12, 1 1/8 oz shot, Clays Powder:
17.3 gr 9700 psi 1145 f/s
18.4 gr 11300 psi 1200 f/s

With Rem Fig 8 wad
17.5 / 9700 psi
18.6 / 11000 psi

Jason
Thanks John I found a PDF online and all the data was there.

· Registered
436 Posts
[QUOTE="pheasantmaster, post: 8655198, member: 1406

It's crazy that every recipe has a "buy now" tab beside it.
[/QUOTE]
A week ago I checked availability of all Hodgdon, IMR and Winchester powders on their site and absolutely none was available for purchase. None at any price!

· Perazzi MX10RS
2,093 Posts
Odd! I just went there and nothing has changed. You still can't get Lil"Gun shotgun data. It does works for some things but not all.
Just go to the powder information page instead of their reloading data center. You can get reload data for that specific powder. You can do it with any of their powder.

· Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you idustem!!!!!
All the data is available from the powder information page. It does not cut off the last several lines of data. Seems odd, but it works.
If any can tell me how to get to "Page Two" using the reloading data I would appreciate it. The reloading data lets you pull up multiple powders and weights all at the same time. The data cuts off at about one hundred lines.
The powder page is specific to one powder and one load weight.

Thanks again.

· Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm using Chrome, Here is what it looks like at the bottom of the page one. CCI primers start off at the top. Half of the Fed209A loads are rolled up.

Not a big fan of this format.

· Registered
3,054 Posts
Learning moment. You may want to make a hard copy of any data page(s) that you like.

I used to discard old data manuals when I got the new one the next year. Then I found that a newer one had dropped one of my favorite loads. Now I keep the older manuals and write down my favorite loads on an index card that put on my metal shelf with a magnetic clip when I am loading that load.

Jason

· Premium Member
8,106 Posts
Interesting the various browsers render the Hodgdon data differently. The Apple Safari browser renders it the same as Firefox. Or, it might be operating systems, Mac. vs. Windows.

Update: For me, on my MacBook Air, using the Big Sur update to the MacOS, the Hodgdon data renders the same using Chrome, Firefox and Safari. So, it must be an operating system, Windows vs. Mac, thing.

· Registered
1,107 Posts
Don’t discount the fact that there’s always the possibility the issue or change lies on the site-side. Websites and the databases that drive the types of presentations you get when looking up these loads are hosted in different places on various platforms and always undergoing change and revision. Sometimes, stuff happens. Not everything goes smoothly. Sometimes things break.

There’s a lot of “moving parts” to a site like the Hodgdon reloading data site. And don’t forget that a good bit of this type of stuff is managed by our good friends off-shore......ask me how I know. :mad:

In most cases like this one, patience is your friend. When leadership hears about how it got all screwed up after upgrading or patching something, the poo hits the fan and then it gets fixed. As end users, all we can do is wait. And wait some more. IT sucks. Don’t ask me how I know.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.