Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG! Just got back from one of finest shooting centers I have ever visited. I think it is nicer than the NRA Whittington Center, certainly better run, based on my two visits to Raton, NM. Hillsdale College, Hillsdale, Michigan had an open house today, all clay sports including Olympic bunker trap.
Imagine...a college where shooting sports (guns) are not demonized. Absolute first class facility, lots of young folks around, great facility.
If you are not familar with Hillsdale College, check our their website and shooting center.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
GunsNRods is RIGHT ON!
Having a great facility has helped Hillsdale win Gold in Division 3 at ACUI National Championships 3 of the last 4 years. Hillsdale College has some of the strictest academic standards in the country so they are very limited on the athletes they can recruit for the shotgun team.
Four Traps, Five-Stand, Skeet (with International capability) and one of the nicest bunkers in the country. Sporting Clays is under construction, and the clubhouse is like a five-star hunting lodge or resort! What a great place to have a corporate team building event...

IMG_20141017_153501793_HDR.jpg IMG_20141017_153441543_HDR.jpg IMG_20141017_153630295_HDR.jpg IMG_20141017_153540771.jpg
Here are several of the Hillsdale athletes training on the new bunker. You can see it is a fantastic facility and one of the few european-style bunkers in the country. (I hope these photos don't spark a huge controversy over technique and right and wrong way of shooting bunker.... Lol!!!) Both Clay and Jordan were/are USAS JO team members and are very talented shooters, as you can see they do have very different styles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts