Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Report: Hillary Clinton To Accept Secretary Of State Post

(Undated) -- Senator Hillary Clinton may well be on her way to becoming Secretary of State. A report in London's "Guardian" newspaper says the New York lawmaker plans to accept the top cabinet post offered by President-elect Barack Obama. Clinton and Obama were onetime rivals for the Democratic nomination for President, and waged a sometimes bitter campaign. The senator has specialized in foreign affairs and defense issues since being elected to Congress. As part of the vetting process, Obama's team has been looking into the finances of former President Bill Clinton's foundation which has distributed millions of dollars to development programs in Africa.
Another former campaign rival Obama is reaching out to is John McCain, who was defeated for the presidency in the general election two weeks ago. The GOP Arizona senator met with Obama in Chicago yesterday to talk about how they could work together and possibly roll back some of the controversial policies set into place during the Bush administration. Sources say Obama did not offer McCain a cabinet post.

Now SHE will be telling HIM what to do as well. This is going to be interesting. Just sitting back and watching. :)

·
Registered
811 Posts
I find this so strange inasmuch as Hillary declared after election that she wouldn't take another appointment in that she could do a lot more good as Senator. See, lies, lies, lies..I'm tired....

Janet

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Hillary may have trouble getting confirmed, and it's possible that she may not survive the vetting process. Billy Boy gets a lot of ca$h from asian sources, and that may cause a conflct of interest.

Best,
Dennis

·
Banned
2,841 Posts
Right. Hillary will have trouble being confirmed by the new democratic congress. Not likely.

Now Billy's conflict of interest is another question. But that will be dealt with inside the process and not in public.

·
Registered
7,593 Posts
pendennis with all due respect.

"Billy Boy gets a lot of ca$h from asian sources, and that may cause a conflct of interest."

Lets see Hillary is going to be appointed by a man that refuses to confirm where he was born, Has a middle eastern Muslim sounding name. Went to school in Christian and Muslim schools has known associates that are/were domestic terrorist. Accumulates over 650 million dollars in campaign contributions 200 million of which are from questionable foreign sources. He believes he lives in a country that has 57 States in it.

I personally feel that Hillary is a shoe in just from who she is associating herself with.

Bob Lawless

·
Registered
725 Posts
Actually, Hillary Clinton is a good choice for Secretary of State. Mrs. Clinton has met many of the current heads of states and has sat in on hundred's of NSA briefings. She would bring instant credibility to the job because she is a known entity to many world leaders. She is intelligent, shrewd and a solid negotiator.

Personally, I thought Bill Richardson from NM would be a better choice because of his past dialogues with both China and N.Korea. He is highly educated, well versed in South American politics, speaks Spanish fluently and is well liked on both sides of the political isle!

Rick

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
I think I now know why Obama refuses to produce his legitimate birth certificate. If he does, it would show that Bill Clinton is his father! Afterall I think I saw a picture of Obama's mother and she looked a bit chubby.

·
Registered
438 Posts
The sexism is offensive!

Hillary was a candidate for the President of the United States of America.

A Candidate for President

of The United States of America!

and now they just want to give her a job as a secretary?

Sheeesh

·
Banned
2,758 Posts
I hope she gets SOS. We can't get a worse Senator in hee place.

Speaking of lies, she said she was not going to run for President when asked about it soon after she was elected NY Senator.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.