Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got to looking at the browning 725 unsingle adjustable combo from guns unlimited in the new add and I noticed it appeared to have a little higher rib then the last model. My question is to those that shoot high rib unsingle guns what is your measurement from top of bead to center of barrel? I believe my old down the road Muslim tri star was 2.5" my new beretta 686 is 1 7/8" with the rib all the way up in front. I like a high rib and was wondering what the highest stock rib is out there. Kriegoff, Ceaser gurini, etc. Show a picture of your measurement if you got one.
20200421_185914.jpg

·
Registered
20 Posts
I couldn't get a good photo but I have one of the 725's from GU you're talking about and I measure it at 2 3/16" but I also have the adjustment cranked pretty far down also.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was watching a YouTube video of Stan Baker with hunt the Rackett and it was from the 2018 grand American it shows Logan Henry around 32 minutes and his kriegoff appeared to be very high probably pushing 3".

·
Premium Member
Perazzi MX2000 31.5/34 combo with a prosoft
1,194 Posts
So I got to looking at the browning 725 unsingle adjustable combo from guns unlimited in the new add and I noticed it appeared to have a little higher rib then the last model. My question is to those that shoot high rib unsingle guns what is your measurement from top of bead to center of barrel? I believe my old down the road Muslim tri star was 2.5" my new beretta 686 is 1 7/8" with the rib all the way up in front. I like a high rib and was wondering what the highest stock rib is out there. Kriegoff, Ceaser gurini, etc. Show a picture of your measurement if you got one. View attachment 1677587
Adjustable ribs should really be measured mid rib, since most will move like a teeter-totter. If someone has a gun shooting high, it will be artificially lowered compared with the middle or rear. Same idea for the pro rib on a k80 TS. It has a steeper decline from rear to front, even thought the rib “height” is about the same.

Tallest is probably a k80TS, mx2005 or CG. They’re all close I believe but don’t have numbers in front of me.

·
What squad am I on?
Lots of different guns...
7,901 Posts
Guerini is 2.5” at its highest point. 2” at muzzle with current setting without including beads.
Zoli is a half inch shorter all across the rib.
Both these shoot identical points of impact with relative comb positions.
Guerini places my head noticeably more upright which has ended my tendency to begin crawling the stock after a couple rounds.
I started crawling with my KX6S which was one reason I went to a Stock Lock thinking it would stop that (nope) and then noticed it again (badly) within a couple hundred rounds with my Z.
I’ve put about 500 rounds through my CG and to be honest, this is the first I’ve actually thought about crawling, but not one single time while shooting it. Interesting!

2924F799-64EE-4A95-8C93-7DE59F917FE8.jpeg

·
Registered
599 Posts
I was watching a YouTube video of Stan Baker with hunt the Rackett and it was from the 2018 grand American it shows Logan Henry around 32 minutes and his kriegoff appeared to be very high probably pushing 3".
I believe Mr. Henry shoots a K-80 trap special combo. If not a trap special a pro rib?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts