Trapshooters Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello all,

I've been trap shooting on and off for a few years now and I'm at a place financially where I can afford to shoot a bit more and do a lot more competitive shoots.

I've been shooting a 686 onyx pro trap for the past few years, while it is a good gun, the gun doesn't quite fit me how I want, the grip and the stock is just doesn't fit as well as it could.

I was able to shoot a friend's Kolar trap gun with a high rib and higher monte carlo stock, the gun felt great and I ran a couple 24/25s my first few rounds with it...

While I cannot afford a Kolar gun at this time, I did find out that I do like a higher rib/high comb style gun. I dont mind using my Beretta for double but I am in the hunt for a single barrel trap gun that could suit my needs, Im looking to spend around $6k for a gun...right now the guns that have a similar style to a kolar would be a

Krieghoff KX-6 Special
Beretta 692 Unsingle

Any other guns I should take a look at that might be similar? Im open to any suggestions...thanks!
I found a DB81 combo for 3000 this is the highest rib Perazzi ever made works great for me, few available if look.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
682 X Trap. Old. Built like a tank. Parts everywhere. A blind monkey wearing oven mitts can fix them. Resale (if that's important) is good. Stocks off the shelf, adjustable, fixed, whatever.

Yes.... I have one.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I would seriously have a look at a pre owned Perazzi MX-15. Built like a tank , moves smoothly, closes like a bank vault has a ton of adjustment . A lifetime of use you can get out of it . Value should remain pretty consistent if you take care of the gun. Absolutely one of my best purchases. Still my favorite gun. Shop around , should be right within your budget.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts