Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any two eyed shooters that hold a high gun over the house...and look under the gun for the "streak" of the target, that are successful with this method of shooting? I don't mean unsingle guns. I mean these true high rib guns with super high combs to go with that super high rib. Dale

·
Registered
225 Posts
I am a two eyed shooter, who shoots a high Olympic Rib , with a high gun hold. I would never purpously look under the rib for the streak. I wait, until the target has elevated above the barrel and is clearly identified, before I start to track , intercept the clay . I can not speak for other Trap shooters, I, do not think you can be succesful looking for the streak.

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
Look under the gun with your left eye and down the rib with your right eye. It will seem like having
x-ray vision. When you see the bird come out of the house you will know which way to move
the gun. ( right hand shooter ). HMB

·
Banned
958 Posts
;Look under the gun with your left eye and down the rib with your right eye;

Only chameleons can do that. Our eyes work synchronic and not independently one from the other one .

If you can see under the barrel the right eye is doing that with the peripheral vision.

The left eye is blocked by the barrel and can,t see under the gun only above it!

Bill

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I have a high rib gun with a high stock comb. I also shoot with both eyes.
I hold the gun just about one foot over the house. At that point I then start looking for the bird when I call pull. No more looking at the gun. I just keep my face down on the stock. Then move from my hips with my eyes on the target.
Never looking at the gun and crush the target. Sometimes a miss it happens.
High rib low rib guns are the same to me. Just keep your eyes on the target that's what counts.

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
That would be a trick, moving both eyes in different directions....LOL. Hold a high gun, wait for the bird to pop into sight, and make a smooth move to intercept, and follow through. Last I heard "Ray Stanford" had something like a 36" POI. So, I guess anything is possible.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Dennis,
I just read in the club call letter of his accomplishments over the summer at a couple state shoots. He's shooting great. Do you know if he's a two eye shooter? And does he hold high over the house? Thanks, Dale

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Dale, I have a DT-11 with a 34" unsingle and high rib. I hold about 18" over the house and it tends to slow the target down and slow me down to get a good shot. My POI is pretty close to 100% and if I fire too soon, I tend to shoot over the bird. Steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts