Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a High-Point semi-auto .40, really cheap, and new in the box. Won't be used concealed, just for fun, what do you think???

·
Premium Member
11,728 Posts
I have two. They're low tech, but they work and are reasonably accurate.

I had a problem with one, and they repaired it free of charge.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Have some self-respect and shoot a quality gun.

·
Registered
15,907 Posts
jjjjjjunk

·
Registered
808 Posts
They are a cheap gun to toss in the toolbox (doubles as a bad hammer) and not worry about damaging the finish. One of my pals has one he puts in the tractor toolbox, it is better than nothing, but not much.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Guy wants to pick up used wads from the ground and reuse them. I gave my opinion and I am the evil bad guy. Others want to send him bags of new wads while they praise him for being frugal and bash me for my 2 cents mods included.

A different Guy wants to save a few bucks and buy a lesser brand pistol just to plink with. He is in turn told the pistol is junk and told to have some self-respect and buy something else. Where are the same guys sending the free wads to help this guy by sendibg him a free and better gun?

Just trying to understand this whole concept of when someone is being frugal and when they are being ridiculous. Heavens no I won't be giving my opinion. And no I'm not picking on anybody here because they gave their opinion.

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
I pick up once-fired High Points at the landfill and run them through the washer. Nobody better judge me!

Frank Little told me to do it, LOL.

-Gary

·
Registered
329 Posts
I shot a 45 once and it worked for the few times I fired it. It was big, heavy, ugly, not very accurate but it did go bang each time I pulled the trigger. From other reports on these guns I must have been lucky that it did go off each time. A guy I work with bought one, I don't know if he got a chance to shoot it yet but he likes it. Of course he isn't much of a gun guy, he bought it because of the price. I would not buy one because they are big, heavy, ugly and, in my experience, not very accurate.

One positive about the guns, if you use it for self defense and it doesn't go bang when it's supposed to they are so heavy that you could hit the person with it and probably get close to the same results!

Joe

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
My brother-in-law told me that winning a Hi-Point at a banquet was the worst thing that can ever happen...

He won two of them and after he traded them in for real guns he as $1,000 lighter in the pocketbook! Lol

SW

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Say what you want but I have sent hundreds more other brand pistols for repair and only sent two, get that two hi points for repair. I have seen some with a lot of rounds and they are still shooting. Yes, I prefer my Smith 59 or Glock 17 or my Buckmark and most of the other pistols I own but I've seen a lot of Hi points go pop when others would not. Jackie B.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Just for fun...???
Sure, why not. It's your money. For the time being at least...You get to decide what you want to spend it on "For Fun".
Heck, how many people in the general population would agree that spending thousands of dollars every year to attempt to break flying targets with a shotgun is a wise or frugal way to spend your money..???
Go for it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts