Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to mount a Hi Viz Comp Sight on my Kolar T/S, but the mounting screws are not long enough due to the groove down the center of the rib.

I was wondering if anyone else has run into this and where you were able to find the correct length screw. Thanks

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
I've installed about 10 different Hi viz sights on trap guns the last year... I have come to the conclusion, you can't give me one of those sights. The screw in ones suck.... never has a screw that fits no matter if it comes with screws or not. Even the Hi viz I got directly from Kreigoff , I had to modify to work. The 2 side tape doesn't stick either. I purchased a Vari-Brite Site III from Meadow Industries for one of my guns... that's all I use now, just got 2 more in yesterday and installed one on my KX6 ... it's perfect, they stick on like glue, unlike the Hi Viz sights with 2 sided tape that doesn't work to save your life. Do yourself a favor and check them out. I don't even have to take the white dot off and the site comes with 3 rods, white, green and red..

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
I glued a Hi Viz sight to my T/S using 3M spray adhesive 90. I didn't want to remove the front sight. Never came off until I removed it. I sprayed it onto a piece of paper, then used a cotton swab to apply it to the sight. It cleans up with acetone.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Personally, I think they are a really bad idea. When they (Hi-Viz) first started hitting the market I bought one. Screwed me up, I started looking at the sight rather than the target, which resulted in aiming on my part. I'm a two eye shooter now and I look at the target, pointing the gun and shooting when my brain tells me to release the trigger. Many years ago when I was a one eyed shooter, I created a vector on the target, aiming the gun at a point where I thought the target was going to be. Creating a tangent angle putting the gun where the target should be as the shot arrives. In that case maybe a Hi-Viz sight would be useful? Just my opinion.

·
Registered
127 Posts
My K80 - When I attempted to take off the white bead of my 4 barrel set, the bead came off, but the threads remained on the gun. Now what? If I try to grab the threads, I’m sure that I’ll strip them? So no Hi-viz for my K80. Meanwhile it was an easy process for my Browning 4 barrel set, and my Winchester Diamond 4 barrel set.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts