Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
I have shot a couple of flats with no problems. They seem to break the targets well and I plan to buy some more from Cabelas.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I've been shooting them since last fall, no issues whatsoever in a KX-6, A400, and a Citori. Clean burners, seem to pattern consistently.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I feel sure Old George C. Herter does NOT load these. Where are these coming from? Who's loading them for Herter? I just wonder, looks like they are good and a good price. Go for it!

The reference to "OLD GEORGE C. HERTER" is only known to us geezers. When I was a kid 60 plus years ago, Herter's was the king! And, EVERYTHING in the catalog was invented by "OLD GEORGE C. Herter". Stock finish, clothes, boots, reloading gear EVERYTHING! I loved those catalogs!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have been shooting this ammunition for a year now and it is great. No issues with misfires and patterns. Herter's is now Cabela's house brand. They bought the name when the company dissolved.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I bought 22 flats of Herters at Cabela's in Hazelwood Mo. yesterday. I was surprised with a 9.6% sales tax. Still a decent price at $6.02 a box including the tax. Cost calculator say's I can save $0.74 by reloading but that's only possible if had powder. I can't find any Titegroup anywhere.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Here in Washington State our two Cabela's stores have all four shells on sale for $54.99. 1oz. or 1 1/8oz. and 8's or 7 1/2's. Thursday my receipt had the new price listed $64.99 after this sale is over. Bill

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
I have shot several thousand of them with no problems, #8 1 oz and 1 and 1/8 oz, get them from Cabelas on line shipped to my door in Florida.

Just ordered 4 cases delivered for 244.96.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts