Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Lifes too short not to shoot a K-80...
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody tried the Herters ammmo? I think its soft shooting ammo that rolls up a singles target. Lets hear some comments.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
The stuff I bought was made in Italy. It's a Cheditte style case and shoots ok for singles. I loaded the cases and one time was about all I could get out of them.

Your 15 years might be little off Mike. I think it was in the 70's. I still have some of their wads/powder and some of the all plastic shells.

Ajax

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Cabela's had them on sale during the Christmas holidays for 53 + change. I was in today and noticed they were almost 65. Bought a couple flats earlier, but haven't shot them yet. Been a little cold and windy here.

Steve

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
I have had very good luck with Herters 12 gauge from Cabelas, however, the 20 gauge shells have been a problem with a lot of poppers leaving the wad in the barrel and the shot at your feet. Probably just a bad batch, because I have shot a lot of the Herters 20's with no problem.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I bought a bunch from Cabelas when they were on sale with free shipping. I like them. They are like the other Italian imports I've shot....no malfunctions and break targets with authority. Have not tried reloading the hulls.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I did the same as Mr. APrice, and picked up as many as I could when they were on sale. Combined with Cabela's giving out $20 rebates on purchases over $150, I managed to stock up for just over $50 a case. I've patterned them against the usual suspects in the price range, and my gun can't seem to tell the difference. As odd as this may sound, the odor of the powder is much less acrid in these as compared to the Estates or the promo box Federals. Of course, none of them have anything on the old Fed papers.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Recently I received 7 flats of Herters target loads from Cabelas. It is posted on each box that they were made in Italy...

·
Registered
713 Posts
I agree with esoxhunter. I bought a box of pheasant ammo yesterday and it was marked MADE IN ITALY. According to Cabela's website it's made by Cheddite.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts