Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
1,348 Posts
I remember HR single shot 10 ga was a 30 or 32" barrel, long range goose gun. Some one cut the stock and barrel, would not be a fun gun to shoot even in high tense defense situation. Speaking of 10 ga's someone was asking about the Mag 10 Road blocker built 20 years ago for L.E.

· Premium Member
2,344 Posts
In my younger years, I had a 12 gauge 36” barreled goose gun that I got the bright idea to make a slug gun out of. I cut the barrel to 20” and installed rifle sights. Now it had no recoil pad and weighed in at 6 pounds. I had a world of fun handing it off to tough guys to shoot with slugs. That was the hardest kicking gun I’ve ever shot. One time only I fired 5 rounds from a bench to sight it in. I finally quit it hurt me so bad. Never fired it at game and sold it to a gun for $10. Wouldn’t want to do that again.

· Premium Member
2,426 Posts
My 2nd cousin has deer hunted with one of these for close to 40 years in NJ. Obviously an uncut version. The recoil is stout but not unmanageable. However, when you remove 35% of the weight and take your shoulder and trade it with your wrist you’re talking a different animal.

· Registered
1,920 Posts
Rumor has it a well known maker of double rifles has a $100.00 challenge where the shooter pulls both triggers of a .500NE simultaneously. I considered it one evening after a couple of cocktails but once I woke up the next day and started wondering if the recoil of the iron-sighted rifle would put those sights right into my forehead. I passed.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.