Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went back and forth about buying another BT99 to sit in the corner as a backup, but wanted something different. I have seen Tristars in action with the guys I shoot with over the past 2 years and they have had no issues putting 4-5 thousand a year through. One guy put his Krieghoff away and now shoots Tristar primarily. Anyoone know how the POI is right outta the box ? I'm hoping 70/30 so I don't need to adjust anything.

I'll play with it shooting practice dialing it in and probably use it at Lewis events now and then. I got it for $1099 so who cares about resale value ??? I still love my BT99 but it has gotten a hairline crack near the action on the wood ears I guess you can call them. Used hot stuff glue and crack hasn't moved in a year.

I had Fabarm ELOS N2 Allsport just untill few days ago as but sold it cause it was too small and that had a small hairline vrack near wood on side near tang. Fabarm wanted $1110 fr replacement stock AND you had to have them do the fitting plus cost of labor. Beware Fabarm Triwood stock ! I sold it to guy not knowing there was a crack but he didn't see it till he got home. We worked out where I gave him some money back.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a backup for my BT99 also, Never needed it. And my BT looks like a D-9 Cat ran over it, the ejector works sometimes, and it still hits targets most of the time.
Yeah.. I got some dings. If my stock cracks again, gotta replace it with plain jane stock. Browning discontinued grade 3 stocks, so I'll be mismatched with forarm but will score better than some of those pretty 20K guns.

· Registered
2,213 Posts
I don’t think I’ve been around a Tri Star or seen anyone shoot with one yet. I’m not gonna bash them, I know nothing about them. Would it not have been easier to get another BT-99 for a backup and basically set them up identical. But I can see wanting something different. My primary SBT is a BT-99 my back up is a BT-99. To each his own, good luck with it.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can’t wait until you get 50 posts to see what you have to sell. A cracked BiStar sounds like a dream come true for many of us.
What would motivate you to say something like that ? Why denigrate other people ? Does it make you feel better ? Just curious. Bless your heart !

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don’t think I’ve been around a Tri Star or seen anyone shoot with one yet. I’m not gonna bash them, I know nothing about them. Would it not have been easier to get another BT-99 for a backup and basically set them up identical. But I can see wanting something different. My primary SBT is a BT-99 my back up is a BT-99. To each his own, good luck with it.
I did that with a guy who goes to the shoots I attend. Paid him $600 for a bt99 and had it for a while, he wanted it back because the Fabarm he bought was not working out for him. I initially shot 25 thru it and it sat in the corner.. It was the youth/collegiate size and really a bit small for me, so I decided to sell it and get a new toy to tinker with. Hopefully won't really NEED it but glad to have it as a spare.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Why do all tri star threads have the same theme?
1st I'm buying a tri star and what's your opinion ?

2nd I like the price and my friend shot one with no trouble.

3rd I don’t want to hear your opinion.
Why do all the Tristar threads have so many crabby appletons replying to them ? People are curious about a low priced trap gun that looks good and shoots good I guess. Maybe I'll get many years out of it, maybe not.. PULL ! Allah Ahkbar !!!!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts