Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You're doing it right.

In trap, you start over at the beginning of each target year.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
The average on your card is maintained on a target year basis, with no carryover from the prior year. Started over again September 1st. All targets hit divided bt all targets shot in the target year is the correct method. Don't listen to anyone that tells you to use some shorter time frame - like last 1,000 targets etc.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
It's like baseball. Everyone starts the new season with an .000 average for that year. The average may go up or down during the year but it's what you end up with on the last day that counts.

Eric

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
As stated your average (actually percent broken) begins new every target year.

870 is correct.

You calculate it by adding the cumulative total targets broken for the entire current target YEAR (not the last shoot unless you're just interested in seeing how you did for that shoot); and divide this sum by the total shot at for the year.

Total broken/total shot= your "average", or more accurately the percent of targets broken.

Look at TC.com's home page under Fun Stuff and you will find an Excel spreadsheet calculator that does it automatically. Copy it and save it to your PC. It's an excellent tool for keeping track on how you're doing and for updating your ATA Average Card.

Guy Babin

·
Registered
283 Posts
Is there any ATA printed regulation as to how many decimal points must the Average Card be carried out to show? Please cite your source,if you know. JOND

·
Registered
8,533 Posts
As Tom said, what your doing is correct. JonD, I'm imagining that 2 places as used in the database.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Since the ATA shows averages in the year book and on your ATA averages card out to two places i.e. 96.54, we can safely assume that it is two places as above.

Eric

·
Registered
7,593 Posts
JOND I don't know if this website will help but for what it is worth all it take a minute or two of your time to check it out.

Bob Lawless

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.