Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have used a hole and deflection shield behind my PW 800 for years to drop the finished shell into a bucket below the bench. I recently set up all of my PW reloaders in a line on the bench and no longer have access below the bench. Does anyone have a good system to drop the finished shell from a PW 800 into a bucket at the front of the bench? I have some thoughts but nothing I have come up with has the potential to work as well as my old "drop through the bench in back" method...

Any ideas or pictures are most welcome...Thanx

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
I bought the front shell chute adaptor from PW for all three of my presses. I found an inexpensive container at Walmart that has a lip on the side. I cut a notch in a board and mounted it on the side of my bench. I can fill a container with about 4 boxes of 12ga and slide it to the side, fill up another one. You can buy the complete unit from PW that includes a bucket and mounting bracket for the front of your bench. Regards, Bob
PW Shell Chute.JPG

·
Premium Member
4,104 Posts
I bought the front shell chute adaptor from PW for all three of my presses. I found an inexpensive container at Walmart that has a lip on the side. I cut a notch in a board and mounted it on the side of my bench. I can fill a container with about 4 boxes of 12ga and slide it to the side, fill up another one. You can buy the complete unit from PW that includes a bucket and mounting bracket for the front of your bench. Regards, Bob
View attachment 1647151
It is a simple installation

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is a simple installation
Thanx to all for the ideas...as it turns out, I used a 1.5 inch heavy plastic electrical conduit 90 degree elbow cut in half to 45 degrees, and fitted it below the PW 800 drop hole. A heat gun allowed the sides to be bent slightly to fit tightly between the uprights. Then, a simple hole in the top of the tube allowed a screw to be driven through the bottom side and into the press base. Really simple and works great. A sock on the end of the tube then drops the finished shell into a bucket.

Again, thanx for the ideas...

·
Premium Member
4,104 Posts
Thanx to all for the ideas...as it turns out, I used a 1.5 inch heavy plastic electrical conduit 90 degree elbow cut in half to 45 degrees, and fitted it below the PW 800 drop hole. A heat gun allowed the sides to be bent slightly to fit tightly between the uprights. Then, a simple hole in the top of the tube allowed a screw to be driven through the bottom side and into the press base. Really simple and works great. A sock on the end of the tube then drops the finished shell into a bucket.

Again, thanx for the ideas...
Good job any pictures

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have used a hole and deflection shield behind my PW 800 for years to drop the finished shell into a bucket below the bench. I recently set up all of my PW reloaders in a line on the bench and no longer have access below the bench. Does anyone have a good system to drop the finished shell from a PW 800 into a bucket at the front of the bench? I have some thoughts but nothing I have come up with has the potential to work as well as my old "drop through the bench in back" method...

Mount the reloader within 1 inch of the edge of the bench. Then you can use 1 1/4 pvc and a 45 degree elbow. cost you about $2.
IMG_1979.JPG

·
Registered
136 Posts

Here is a better pic.
A7A0E0B6-6017-43E8-8097-D5DED619FD2E.jpeg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts