Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen - I'm not very experienced with handgun values and a lady I know is trying to establish the value of a Glock 19 9mm from her father's estate. It also comes with extra clips and a .22 cal top end.

It appears to have been only lightly used. Any idea what a fair, middle of the market, price for this gun might be so that I may advise her?

Thanks

Stephen Meyers

·
Registered
626 Posts
Dealer price on a new Glock 19 is $440. and from what I can find on the 22 conversion kit from Advantage Arms it is $260. Extra mags are about 20.00. Is that a Glock conversion or aftermarket, can you tell? But it looks like $7 to $800. for the whole set up.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
We sell new 19's with the fixed sight for 489.00 plus shipping or tax. I would guess the gun about about 75% of cost of new and I do not know about the conversion but I would think around 60% of new cost might be close....Bryan

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Rich - what you see is what I know and that can't be told from the pics.

To what extent is that significant?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Baron,
Not being a smartass, but your pic is a glock 17. That is if it's a 9mm. I just bought a 19 for $425 in real nice shape for $425 w/2 mags. I don't thInk the value would change much from a 19 to a 17. Pm for more info if you need it. I've had upwards of 6-8 different glocks.
Jimmy

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Please, the OCD in me asks that magazines be called "magazines", not "clips"..."Cllips" refer to "stripper clips" generally used to load rifles.

Glocks, as far as I know, employ "magazines" to hold the louded rounds of ammunition, not "clips"...

Thanks.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Chango--The OCD in me makes me correct you too. It's "Loaded" not "Louded". LOL

Just mess'n with you as you had it coming. LOL

Matt

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jimmy - you were right, its a 17C and the two 9mm clips are indeed 10 round capacity.

Chango - just curious...I don't see where anyone used the term clips in the thread instead of mags or magazines? Just the OCD in me asking ;-)

Like I have said, thank you one and all for your help. Its much appreciated.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Darn, that therapist promised that he could help me after that half year once a week...or is it "weak"..."I'm so confused!!!"

David

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks guys, she sold the package for $500. She may have been able to get a slight bit more for the package, but she is not knowledgable of guns, had a local buyer, and she moved it and then let me know LOL.

To those who helped with value, thank you and I hope to be able to return the favor.

To those who expressed an interest in purchasing the gun, I'm sorry but it really wasn't in my hands to control and she sold it. Thank you for your interest and I hope I didn't waste too much of your time.

Stephen Meyers

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.