Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't find a 7/8 oz load using these components. Winchester AAHS hull (12ga), Winchester 209 primer, Claydot powder and Claybuster AA 1 oz pink wad. I'd like to try something around 1200fps. Anyone have any data for a powder charge for this? Thanks, Dale

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
No not all loads are the same!

If it's not in the book DON'T load it!!!!

·
Registered
624 Posts
Measuring drops should be a given. It is generally known that claydot is supposed to be a direct replacement for clays. That said there still not exactly the same powder but close enough to they use the same load data

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
I have found the people at Hodgdon to be very helpful also when calling about a load recipe. And it's free!

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
Yes, the people at the powder companies are usually very helpful because they want you to enjoy using their product.

But I found that can stop being helpful when they have to begin speculating about the interaction among your components. Unless they have component data to cross reference against what you want to use, they can be reluctant to offer any opinion and won't commit themselves if it means not having hard fact to back it up.

I prefer to go right for hard fact over speculation anyway...

They don't make any but it you looked at the post above mine and read the last sentence you would agree that my post was in answer to that post.

·
Banned
10,357 Posts
From the 2013 published Alliant Guide-- 7/8 oz.STS hull (Rem. primer) , CB-4100, 17.5 Clay Dot [ 1200FPS 6800psi] Change to the Win 12SL wad same velocity 7860 PSI------------------7/8 oz.Fed. Gold Medal(Fed.209) CB4100 17.5 Clay Dot [ 1200FPS 6770 PSI-----No 7/8 for Win. AA listed in the manual

1 - 14 of 14 Posts