Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm reloading 20ga, 3/4 oz loads, what wad do you use?
13.2 international, remington hull, win 209 primer, WAA20 wad, but the crimp goes in to far, HELP
Thanks, Sam

·
Registered
763 Posts
Sam, the ONLY wad that will work with 3/4, 20 gauge loads that don't require adjustments to your loader are the Winchester factory 20 gauge wads. Unfortunately they are more expensive but you can use these wads without making any crimp adjustment. You will probably still have a very slight dish but it is of no consequence. Other wads as you have found out will have a deep dish. and can be used only if you are willing to make adjustments to your loader. Sometimes even that doesn't work. Adding fillers is a PIA at best. If you compare the Winchester wad to any other you will see why they work as the shot column sits higher. Use the same powder drop as you use for 7/8 oz loads and you should end up with a very satisfactory load. Good luck. I've been using 3/4 oz 20 gauge loads for about a year or so and have gotten very good results with them.

·
Premium Member
3,495 Posts
If you can find old Remington RXP hulls (ribbed), they seem to have less of a "dishing" problem with WAA20 (or claybuster clones) than the current Remington Premier STS hulls. Best Regards, Ed

·
Premium Member
10,462 Posts
Bridger is correct- use only factory AA, not copies and not Remington wads

the factory AA is larger than the copies- dont know why but they are-- I read that in skeet magazine and found it to be true myself

regards from Iowa

Gene

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.